Stack
      BB:
      $5,5
      MP1:
      $5,07
      Hero:
      $5,51

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:diamond: , 9:club:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0,20, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,20, SB folds, BB calls $0,15.

Flop: ($0,62) 8:spade: , 5:spade: , 2:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0,48, Hero calls $0,48, BB folds.

Turn: ($1,58) 3:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $1,58, Hero calls $1,58.

River: ($4,74) 4:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $1,94, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $4,74

I am not sure about this one. Maybe a reraise on the flop for value? However he already raised preflop. Was it ok to call the turn bet? I think that one should have been a fold.
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I think you can't raise flop for value because he'd call with better hands only and even some FD+overs are doing too good against our hand.

Calling flop could be fine if he cbets a lot and then mostly gives up if he didn't hit, but we can just fold to avoid tough turn decisions as there are a lot of bad cards out there and we can't usually call 2 barrels without any doubt.

As played with calling flop I'd fold turn. We don't have much info about him, but I think he's more on reasonable side and it's single raised pot so he may still have bunch of better hands there and potting is good reason to believe he has one of them.

Good luck!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello brazyd,

You can't raise on flop since you are turning your hand into bluff since you aren't going broke with it, so just Calling is reasonable since he can barrel a lot of his range with what he opened preflop. But you can likely give it up on turn since he would never bet with a lot worse there, he likely has at least a better PP than you.

Best regards.