Goodbye post ITT! Bye everyone! ;)))))))

• utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      SHORT INTRODUCTION

So, Hello everyone! Some of you may saw me donking around this forum, some didn't. But the point is that I'm starting my blog. Why? Becouse now I'm re-concentrating on poker. Last weeks was a little busy, but now I'm back with even bigger desire.

ABOUT ME

I'm from Lithuanian ( lithuanians know it from my nick :D created my acc drunked(lithuanians will understand) :rolleyes: ). Ofcourse I like sports, going to gym regularly, also I like smth like karate or muay thai :) I like house/club music(will post some good music regularly ( at least good for me:) ), parties,girls, clever conversations with friends or smart people, and other interesting stuff... :)

POKER

Currently I'm playing NL10. But by the end of the year my goal is to move up to nl25. I prefer play smart-aggro/exploit other weaknesses style of poker. At the moment I play 5 tables fullring and focusing on the game, not on the sick volume by 12+tabling robot style.

THE MAIN REASON WHY I STARTED A BLOG

Well, this blog will keep me motivated and also will help me to track my results, maintain discipline. Also it's very profitable to share your thoughts with other motivated players, discuss something and so on... :) So I expect the best of it :)

GOALS

(goals will be edited once in a while)

To be honest - I'm a highflyer person, I never give up, I have big dreams, I have big faith inside, and I will make my dreams come true. Period.

Mid-term goals:

poker plans:

:diamond: SHIP TOURNAMENTS.

:heart: Give all my heart to make my dreams come true. Love life. :heart:

The main focus is on mental improvement, discipline improvement, effectiveness improvement, theoretical side of poker improvement, play winning poker and make money that i think is Ok for me to live happy life,travel alot,feel freedom and give much support to others that need it.
      This is the things that this blog is about.

I hope there will be some readers. Don't hesitate to reply here ;) So I think it's enough for first post.. Now I will do a session and will go to sleep.

As I said I will post here some nice music, articles or interesting stuff.. Ofc some reports from parties and so on.. :D I'm not super crazy serious person/workaholic as it could seem at first to someone from this post, I'm enjoying my life and having alot of fun too. :P :heart: Trust me. :P

Also I hope that this blog will help at least a little bit to someone to improve together. :)

Live your life, be free, You know you can have it all... :heart:

Commit to Excellence
      Want to be a great poker player? Commit to greatness. Declare your excellence
      tonight, starting with the next hand you play. Visualize yourself as the greatest
      poker player ever - and act accordingly. You can reach excellence in a heartbeat,
      and you can do it today. If you want to be a winning, excellent player, go
      ahead and commit to it. Achieving change takes no time at all, but it will take
      forever to maintain it. Committing to excellence is that simple, but it requires
      every bit of your willpower.

See ya :) Planning to get back my gold status in the near future :) It looks better :P

UPDATE 2011 09 16: BYE EVERYONE! GLAD THAT OUR PATHS CROSSED.
  • 106 replies
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      EDITED my goals a bit :)

[quote][i]
      Mid-term goals:
      :heart: [ ] Read "Ace on the River" by the end of year.
      :heart: [ ] Move up to NL25 by the end of year.

Long-term:
      :heart: [ ] Be winning NL100 player and BE READY to move to NL200 till the summer.
      [/quote]
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      So today was pretty tiring day.. In the morning I went to the gym, then had some work at household and then me my brother and dad were away from home till 5pm, then I slept for few hrs and when I woke up I read Ace on the River 30pgs.. I found that book really interesting :) I could read it straight from beginning to the end right now :D But now I am going to own some fishies monies... :s_cool:

Bye and gl on the tables.You guys better avoid me :f_cool: :f_biggrin: Cya.
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      I decided to post a graph here at least once in a month and maybe after very good sessions.. so we'll se :f_cool: I realised that graph is interesting thing for readers :D

now I'm off for some grinding.

• utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      So today I decided to create something like short-term goals board. Here it is:

[ ] View Setting and reaching goals Part 4.
      [ ] View 30 silver FR videos that I haven't seen. (0 of 30)
      [ ] End up reading "Ace on the River"
      [ ] Play poker 15hrs in the following week.
      [ ] Take back my sexy gold status :f_biggrin: :D :f_cool:

It's enough for now.

This way I will know on what things I need to focus in the near future. Step by step.. :)
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      [:heart:] View Setting and reaching goals Part 4.(Good video as well as other parts.)
      [ ] View 30 silver FR videos that I haven't seen. (0 of 30)
      [ ] Take back my sexy gold status :f_biggrin: :D :f_cool:
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      [ :heart:] View Setting and reaching goals Part 4.(Good video as well as other parts.)
      [ ] View 30 silver FR videos that I haven't seen. (2 of 30)
      [ ] Take back my sexy gold status :f_love:

Watched hasenbraten video about pot control & protection, good video, saw few new lines that I haven't used yet.

So now i'll go to sleep and will do a session when I woke up. Bye

• Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Nice first post! I like it.

Keep up the good work and crush the competition!
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gabinr1
      Nice first post! I like it.

Keep up the good work and crush the competition!
      Thanks man! :) It's always nice to hear encourages from nice people :) appreciate it =)

About poker: I increased my tables to 6 becouse now I feel that I can handle it pretty well. I had been playing 6 or even 7-8 tables about month ago and I wasn't able to do it as well as I want. So I am glad that my game is going uphill. :]

Thats it for now, Cya. ;)
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      GL with your poker career. Thank you for tuning into my blog. Wish you the best - like how you describe your style but try not to overexploit at NL10 since people wont understand what you are trying to do anyways.
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MathhNes
      GL with your poker career. Thank you for tuning into my blog. Wish you the best - like how you describe your style but try not to overexploit at NL10 since people wont understand what you are trying to do anyways.
      Thank you too! :) I agree with that and I adapt my game and ofc thinking level against different opponents ;) At least I'm trying to do it and I know that I have to do it every time, so I think I'm in good direction :) Of course thanks for recommendation, it's always nice to see people helping you. at least a little bit. :)

About RL: a big party is cooooming!! :D saturday is the party action day :D :s_thumbsup: uuuh I'm waiting it soo impatiently :D :f_cool:

About poker: so today I'm planning to analyse my marked hands, watch 1 video and play the rest of the time. Cya ;)

sick clip :D the beginning is the nuts :D

• utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      [ :heart:] View Setting and reaching goals Part 4.(Good video as well as other parts.)
      [ ] View 30 silver FR videos that I haven't seen. (3 of 30)

watched another hasenbraten video and then while i was playing a session my friends disturbed me and now I'm busy so it's over with poker for today. I'm planning to get up earlier and play early morning session, so bye for everyone and have i nice evening! :heart:
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      [ ] View 30 silver FR videos that I haven't seen. (3 of 30)
      [ ] Earn 1000vpp till Dec 31. 50$ stellar reward for this. :rolleyes: :f_biggrin:

So I added on more mid-term goal. I'll do my best to achieve it. :)
      By the way, in this week it's almost clear that I will not achieve my 15hrs/week goal becouse party is coming, and today I'll be out in the city for some time... So I hope that at least I'll do a session in the evening. Gooooood luck everyone! :) :heart: Bye! ;)
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Hello everyone.

About party: the party was pretty goood imo, a lot of dancefloor action, a lot of drunked people :D i liked :heart: it was really fun :P

About poker: so its obvious that i haven't achieved my goal go play 15hrs/week, but in this week i see much more free time so i will deffinitely be engaged with poker. gl for everyone.
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      [ ] View 30 silver FR videos that I haven't seen. (4 of 30)
      [ ] Earn 1000vpp till Dec 31. 50$ stellar reward for this. :rolleyes: :f_biggrin:

Just a short update.. today i'll be at home alll day long becouse I'm injured right now and I need a fast recovery. It means that I have a lot of time to work on poker. So far I watched Setting and reaching goals part5, hasenbraten nl25 fr video.. Both were useful.

Today plans:

[ :diamond: ] Play 2 medium length sessions ( 1-1.5 hours)
      [ ] Analyse hands
      [ ] Play one more session
      [ :diamond:] Take a short break from poker ( relax a little bit, maybe read Ace on the river or other book, maybe watch film,chat with someone etc.. :) )
      [ ] Then play another session
      [ ] .... we will see what i'll do when.... :D
    • Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      "Utenos melynas" reminds some good old times:)
      I see your goals are very close to mine, just for 6max. And if u are really checking your cashier only once a month i have alot to learn from you:D
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      [ ] View 30 silver FR videos that I haven't seen. (4 of 30)

Today plans:

[ :diamond:] Play 2 medium length sessions ( 1-1.5 hours)
      [ :diamond:] Analyse hands
      [ :diamond:] Play one more session
      [ :diamond:] Take a short break from poker ( relax a little bit, maybe read Ace on the river or other book, maybe watch film,chat with someone etc.. :) )
      [X] Then play another session
      [ ] .... we will see what i'll do when.... :D

So today was a good day and I'm happy with that. I decided that in every post i'll post my goals and sometimes "today plans". I know that it'll help me :)

to indahaus: :D yup, good ooooold times ;) for me its not very old but good times :D anyway it's past...it's over now :P It's nice that we have almost same goals, good luck working on them.
      Yup I'm checking my cashier on the poker platform I play once a month. I do check my HM after my sessions to analyse hands and look graph to view how my red line looks like, cos I'm interested in it. But also I'm filtered my HM to show only "TODAY" summary. So my focus goes mainly on NOW. Btw, thanks for reply, I'm happy that there are at least few readers :)

Sick song, I like it soooooo much :D

• utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      [ ] View 30 silver FR videos that I haven't seen. (5 of 30)

Hey everyone! so today I watched hasenbraten video about way behing/way ahead sitoations. no doubts-good video. =)

Now, my today plans are :

[X] Play 4hrs poker.
      [X] Analyse marked hands ~1h.
      and when... Go to sleeep and refresh my mind & body for tomorrow :heart:

Cyyyya :rolleyes:

edit: I'm a little bit dissapointed that i failed to reach my today goals, but i failed not becouse i'm lack in eager or time or smth like that it's becouse i'm a bit injured right now and it's very hard to sit in the chair and play for a long time. it sucks that my body doesn't let me to do the things that my head want.

Anyway I'm in a good mindset and I think that I will be able to play for a longer time after few days of recovery.Good evening, i'm out. :heart:
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Heelloo everyone. I wasn't updating my blog for some time, but don't worry, I wasn't sleeping :D
      These days I played,analysed hands, read some poker related stuff.. Standart :)
      But from today till Dec 31 I'm planning to put more volume than usually, and of course I'm thinking about moving up to NL25, cos I feel really comfortable at NL10 and I feel that I can crush NL25 for sure. So wait for updates about it in the following week. Of course it will be kind of a test for myself, but :
      RIGHT MINDSET+RIGHT PREPARATION+FULL CONCENTRATION = SUCCESS.

Thats it for now, see ya :f_cool:

[ ] View 30 silver FR videos that I haven't seen. (6 of 30)
      [ ] Earn 1000vpp till Dec 31. 50$ stellar reward for this.
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      opponent is kind of a regular, 16/11, 3bet 7.5%, agg 3.3, cbet 78, turn continuation 60, hands 313.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $23.29
      MP2:
      $18.90
      MP3:
      $19.44
      CO:
      $21.31
      BU (Hero):
      $11.36
      SB:
      $10.14
      BB:
      $21.03
      UTG2:
      $25.61

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, A.
      4 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, SB folds, BB raises to $1.10, CO folds, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.35) J, 6, K (2 players)
      BB bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($6.35) 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $5.10, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.35.

maybe someone will leave a response about this hand, I would be grateful :)

Today I played one session in the morning, it was full of action, I liked it :f_biggrin:

Now i'll play one more ~2h session i think and will go to sleeeepy world :D gl & fun 4 everyone! :heart:

[ ] View 30 silver FR videos that I haven't seen. (6 of 30)
      [ ] Take back my sexy gold status :f_biggrin:
      [ ] Earn 1000vpp till Dec 31. 50$ stellar reward for this.

a reallly serious song here :D