[NL2-NL10] FR NL10: Aces up, turn & river play

• Philipvw
      0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , 7:diamond:
      UTG+2 raises to $0,30, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0,30, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0,75) Q:club: , A:club: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0,60, UTG+2 calls $0,60.

Turn: ($1,95) 7:club: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1,95) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $1, UTG+2 calls $1,00.

Final Pot: $3,95

I checked for pot control & bluff induction on the turn, but I'm nog sure about it. I betted the river, but maybe I shouldn't because only better hands will call?
  • 2 replies
    • Faye6891
      I'd fold preflop. You have a weak hand, IMO it's not wrong to play it if there were more callers, but you would be playing for two pair or better.

I'd check the flop, you have a weak Ace, and no draws, and as I said I would be playing it for two pair or better.

I'd bet the turn because of all the :club: out there. And now you have two pair.

On the river I'd call if villain bet. But since he checked I'd make the bet too, it's possible he will call with weaker hands, but If he raises you, then it's a fold.
    • Puschkin81
      Hi Philipvw!

Please fold preflop because this hand is too weak in that situation. As played the flopbet is fine because of the draws. If you get raised you have an easy fold. You should definitely bet the turn because you don't want to see another :club: coming up. On the river I would bet for value.

Good luck at the tables!