fold, fold, CO raises to $0.35, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) T:spade: 9:diamond: 3:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.75, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($1.75, 2 players) K:heart:
      Hero bets $0.60, CO raises to $1.70, fold

vs a drooler(same as KK hand)
      openraising is really loose,A7s off utg and easily same loose openraise at late as regulars
  • 5 replies
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      More stats on villain?

Anyway, either 3bet or fold pre, it has poor playability/kicker problems post flop, so it really sucks playing it OOP.

I would consider donking out on the turn coz:

a) very likely you have the best hand
      b) you take away a bit of his positional advantage (he has to pay to catch his draws/overcards and can't just check behind)

Aand your river bet is just so weak that it's crying for a (bluff)raise.

Either bet small to induce a bluff with the intention of calling if he is an aggressive player or bet bigger.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Backcushion,

He doesn't have stats on Cake so he is only playing with reads and notes, but notes usually missing, seems like he plays too many tables and that's why is the reason he doesn't have time to take them. :(

Preflop: I don't think that we can play such hand OOP profitable, as you don't use any stats either don't have notes on him then likely just fold or 3bet if he does steal a lot.

As played
      Flop: Depend how aggressive the guy is and how loose is he with continuing the hand, against some passive villain we could easily just donk it out and try to protect from overcards but Check/Call is also reasonable since we give him room to CBet the board to get value from weaker hands.
      Turn: After he made the CBet on flop then I am rarely thinking that he is going to 2nd barrel again since most of his range missed that flop, so you could consider donking but just going for pot control and Check again is also totally fine, which I don't really mind, will be easier to play on river with smaller pot.
      River: The problem now is that you didn't donk the turn and didn't show much aggression and now donking the river, kinda smallish, the idea of block-betting is pretty good since he wont be raising us with a lot worse and I rarely think that NL10 regulars think that far that they may raise on river against such a small bet, that's often not the case, unless we have some other reads. So I like the block-bet smallish since we can't Call his near potsize bet anyways. But true, on higher limits the opponents might think about the small bet and could raise you but not on NL10. :f_biggrin:

Best regards.
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Hello,
      thanks for anwsers.I am actually playing 4 tables but the note taking kinda sucks on my side(I know I need to improve-but also I have to remember all the notes because there's no way to import them or anything,unless I post at the same time as I play)

What about blindbattle?Which range should I 3bet and should I defend blinds passively vs BU?
      The blindbattle article seems to be platinum at the moment,but I think I can make loads of money there easily.

Also,is any of you using pokertracker and have any idea how can I filter so I see action vs BU/CO/SB openraise?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I am actually playing 4 tables but the note taking kinda sucks on my side(I know I need to improve-but also I have to remember all the notes because there's no way to import them or anything,unless I post at the same time as I play)
      You mean like Cake poker doesn't save notes or what? Just the point on playing on Cake is that you have to take notes, for bigger advance, it's better to start and train taking them at early game. Try to make shortkeys for your notes, like F = Flop, T = Turn, R = River, c = call and etc.

What about blindbattle?Which range should I 3bet and should I defend blinds passively vs BU? The blindbattle article seems to be platinum at the moment,but I think I can make loads of money there easily.
      There are many different situations and also many different opponents. But for small example:
      VALUE HANDS (22+, A7+, KT+, QT+, JT+)
      SEMIBLUFFING HANDS (54-T9, 53s-J9s, 74s-Q9s)
      DOMINATED HANDS (A2-A6, K2-K9, Q2-Q9)
      BLUFFING HANDS (e.g. T3o, 94o, 75o)
      So you can raise whatever there just it depends a lot on the opponent against we raising. Also the range is never fixed, it can widen up, or even tighten up, all depends on the opponents. That's why it is good to use stats but unfortunately Cake doesn't have them. :(

Also,is any of you using pokertracker and have any idea how can I filter so I see action vs BU/CO/SB openraise?

Sorry but haven't used PT for years so I am not that good in it anymore but it shouldn't be that hard and I would really advice to learn yourself such things such it helps you to understand the filtering not only that situation but also in future if you want to filter something. But I am pretty sure there are tutorials in PT forums.
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Thanks for responses,
      No I have actually used pokertracker for quite some times(I got it for free when pokerstrategy was still handling out pokertracker licenses).
      There's a filter in holdem manager,but I cannot find such filter in pokertracker or after quick glance on their forums they dont seem to talk much about such things there,or their stats page