Stack
      SB:
      $4.79
      BB:
      $1.8
      Hero:
      $2.23

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.95 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:heart: , K:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.20) A:spade: , T:spade: , 7:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.7, SB folds, BB raises to $1.40 (All-In), Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $2.60

On the flop, I get reraise, is that a bad fold?
  • 4 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      It is always a tricky bit KK on A high board.

You are in position and villain has checked before you.

The way I see it:

If you had a hand (say AK, AQ) how would have played the hand? how much would you have bet? because with just over 1/2 pot you are not really protected a hand you are trying to display. So someone could pick on that and raise bluff you. I'd rather check and reevaluate on turn or push.

As played, you put yourself in a tough spot. I'll probably fold to the raise even though because of the shortstack of villain it is a minraise.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar

The way I see it:

If you had a hand (say AK, AQ) how would have played the hand? how much would you have bet? because with just over 1/2 pot you are not really protected a hand you are trying to display. So someone could pick on that and raise bluff you. I'd rather check and reevaluate on turn or push.

As played, you put yourself in a tough spot. I'll probably fold to the raise even though because of the shortstack of villain it is a minraise.
      So, Hero should bet pot size on the flop? thanks
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      Originally posted by thazar

The way I see it:

So, Hero should bet pot size on the flop? thanks
      check or push all in (imo)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would check back and see their action on the Turn as you have basically no info (relative position) on the players

Also if you need both players to fold, multiply their fold contibet hence 60% of 60% = 36% for example

- Gerv