This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 88 on AKQ board OOP NL25 RUSH

    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.09.2009 Posts: 6,561
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

      BB ($11.92)
      UTG ($25.29)
      Hero (UTG+1) ($10.70)
      MP1 ($25.66)
      MP2 ($26.86)
      MP3 ($27.27)
      CO ($25)
      Button ($26.28)
      SB ($41.38)

      Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8, 8
      1 fold, Hero bets $1, 3 folds, CO calls $1, 3 folds

      Flop: ($2.35) K, Q, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

      Turn: ($2.35) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, 1 fold

      Total pot: $2.35 | Rake: $0.11


      villain is 10/7 over 1.2k hands

      I am looking at spots to reduce my flop cbets as they are too high and I think that is an obvious one.

      I think in position with anything decent villain would have tried to take the pot there as there is a lot of possible draws.

      Is check flop bet turn a possible line here. I think this line can also rotray strong hands (check the flop in the hope of check/raise). Is the bet size ok? and of course I would fold to any resistance there.

      the way I played it:
  • 9 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      What would you do if he calls your Turnbet? What is his range?

      Looking forward to your reply
      Best regards,
      Gerv
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.09.2009 Posts: 6,561
      Originally posted by Gerv
      What would you do if he calls your Turnbet? What is his range?

      Looking forward to your reply
      Best regards,
      Gerv
      possibly any K, Q, J or T :) and of course slow playing JT.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      well that's a bit broad isn't ? If you want to handread one cannot really say ''well his range compromises of any K,Q,J or T etc.''

      So if handreading with concrete ranges isn't your strong thing, I would suggest improving it by reading articles, learning it actively with equilator etc. This also can solve your barrel problem as you can quickly see a weak range that will call the Flop but 95% of the times fold on a Turnbarrel

      You also didn't answered my question about what you would do on the River.

      - Gerv
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.09.2009 Posts: 6,561
      Originally posted by Gerv
      well that's a bit broad isn't ? If you want to handread one cannot really say ''well his range compromises of any K,Q,J or T etc.''

      So if handreading with concrete ranges isn't your strong thing, I would suggest improving it by reading articles, learning it actively with equilator etc. This also can solve your barrel problem as you can quickly see a weak range that will call the Flop but 95% of the times fold on a Turnbarrel

      You also didn't answered my question about what you would do on the River.

      - Gerv
      Sorry i did not look back properly at OP, with 10/7 I would put him on either small or medium PP, or ATs+, AQo+, and possibly slow playing preflop QQ+
      as a calling range

      And I can see him folding to a bet on turn any PP under TT except 77 and holding on to anything else.

      If he called it, I would have played it c/f.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      I disagree that his range is including 100% of the timesATs+,AQo+. Do you see why if I told you about the concept of protecting one's hand ?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.09.2009 Posts: 6,561
      hmmm that would leave only small and medium PP 22 to JJ...
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      So what do we do most of the times on the River ?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.09.2009 Posts: 6,561
      Originally posted by Gerv
      So what do we do most of the times on the River ?
      I'd bet unless a J or T pops up... because that is why I imagine he would have called and some call with a set even with 4 cards to a straight on the board.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      :f_thumbsup: exactly!