[NL2-NL10] JQs IP limp RUSH NL25 MSS

• thazar
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 ($27.16)
      MP1 ($48.74)
      MP2 ($49.38)
      MP3 ($25)
      Hero (CO) ($10)
      Button ($30.85)
      SB ($12.15)
      BB ($25.60)
      UTG ($15.48)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, Q
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.25, 1 fold, SB calls $0.15, BB checks

Flop: ($1) 2, 9, J (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets $1, Hero calls $1, 2 folds

Turn: ($3) 5 (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $2.50, UTG+1 calls $2.50

River: ($8) 8 (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $8 | Rake: $0.40

I don't like at all how I played the hand. reviewing it myself it is a fold preflop and then as played a fold on flop. at the time I was think to float in position but a float is a bluff and no better hand would fold. I won the hand and my bet was a value bet/protection bet. but I did it totally for the wrong reasons at the time. Can I played this hand for value as played or is it an easyfold pre/post?
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      Hey thazar,

Do you have any stats/reads on UTG? Usually I would try to isolate a limper with QJs from LP.

As played, I like your postflop line, but the reasons are:

- on the flop, you don't have a hand strong enough to go broke and on the other hand TPQK is too strong to give up against c-bet.

- on the turn, you have a clear bet/fold. You have to get value from draws and maybe some second pairs and worse top pairs.

- on the river, all the all draws but QT missed and you can't get any more value from those as well as I think no worse made hand will call your river barrel, so I like the cb.