The Great Rebuild

• WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      In the last couple of months I've taken the biggest knock of my poker career. I have now decided to start a new blog to document my attempt to rebuild to where I once was.

I've been playing Rush Poker on Full Tilt. The story starts in September where I had one of my best months playing NL200 6Max Rush, reaching a bankroll record for me. However from the moment I posted my graph on PS it all went downhill and I had a swing of $10k.

In November I had to move down to NL100 after 8 months at NL200. However the problems haven't ended there and I had a terrible November.

This blog is to examine my play and figure out what is going on, because at the moment it feels like the site is rigged. But that's what it always feels like right?

So what I'll be doing is examining the type of plays I'm making and looking at where I should and where I shouldn't bluff, where I should and shouldn't raise for value, etc, etc.

Here are the graphs of my problems, the first is NL200 from Sept to end of Oct (the highest point is at the end of Sept). The second graph is NL100 Nov until now.

I would love to get comments on any future analysis ...

• 5 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      That's 6max RUSH I assume?
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      yes 6max Rush
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Ah, NL200 6m rush is pretty damn tough because of all the MSNL/HSNL guys that move down for some ez money imo. But then again, I'm terrible 6m player so what do I know. :f_biggrin: Anyway, seems like you've had quite a bad run so GL.
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      So more stats,

my avg all in % for all streets was 52% in September, but 50% in October. That's not so great, but I was making most of the money post flop, so I didn't worry about that, until I started to get tonnes of bad beats post flop.

I think that can definitely improve. For example, my avg all in EV for preflop was 45%, but it was 52% overall implying that I don't get it all in preflop so much, but when I do I make mistakes.. And mainly because I had a bluff shove in my repertoire against some aggro players..

My November stats on NL100 were better. I tightened up for the lower limit, so my avg was 54.3% overall and 53.5% for preflop. Which makes sense because I think I only bluff shoved once, and I fold a lot more to 3bets on NL100.

My first aim for december is to keep this number up, maybe even get it up a bit.

How?

I've already started 3betting EP raises less. Now only with KK+.. and QQ and AKs only when there are a number of callers.

Perhaps if I do 3bet with QQ or AK then I should fold to 4bet..

This is depending on the opponent of course, I'm talking about the tighter players right now.

Not sure what else I should do..

Next I will consider positional losses..
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      looks like I'm back to diamond status, thanks to those double SP weekends.. cool