$15.22
      MP3:
      $5.16
      CO:
      $5.14
      BU (Hero):
      $4.98

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, CO folds, Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.47) 4, A, K (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25.

Turn: ($0.97) Q (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.65, MP3 calls $0.65.

River: ($2.27) 5 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $4.06(All-In), Hero calls $3.88.

Final Pot: $10.21.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and queens(Q A).
      MP3 shows a pair of aces(J A).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and queens(Q A).

i think that he will open wide enough from mp3(22+,KT+, A9+, QJ, some connectors). i think he would bet 1/2 pot weak A or K maybe some pairs 99, TT, he would bet more for value with AK, so when he checked i went for value bet, A will call, maybe K so he hasnt PP, only TT for gutshot but not so often. so river big overbet/shove???? i cant fold here?? i stick to my range i gave him and call.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello weedo25,

First of all do you have any reads on the opponents or stats? Since if you don't have any kind of stats on him you can't really put him on a hand range, of course somewhat you can but it's hard since you don't really know his playing style, his openraise could also be from MP3 only AK+, TT+ but also maybe that what you putted out. And therefore it's very hard to Call on river without any reads or stats. But since his play doesn't make sense and it's NL5 and people tend to overplay their hands there, even with weaker 2pair type of hands you could consider Calling. Since if you ask yourself if he even had JT with GS on flop, why didn't he Check/Raise on turn? He could have make a mistake but I don't think that happens so often since they are usually thinking like, oh damn I hit, I have to bet big, or Check/Raise big. So therefore your Call with AQ could be reasonable. It also could be that he hit his A5 on river with what he made a small weakish bet on flop and then Check/Called for pot control on turn. But it a lot depends on your reads and it could easily be a fold against some passive opponent, which doesn't really shove there that often with a lot weaker hand.

Best regards.