BTN: $2.03
      SB: $2.29
      BB: $2.00
      UTG: $2.12
      UTG+1: $2.34
      MP: $1.80

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has K:club: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.23, 2 players) 4:heart: T:heart: 6:club:
      MP+1 checks, Hero bets $0.20, MP+1 calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.63, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      MP+1 checks, Hero bets $0.52, MP+1 raises to $1.14, fold

Happened many times... The opponent resists, and suddenly my AK doesn't seem so strong. He may be bluffing of course... Villaing had VP$IP 29, PFR 9, AFq 20%. I usually fold in these cases, but wonder if I should call against a loose player. But then I likely would face the same problem on the river... I would be happy to hear your advice.
  • 1 reply
    • Duudalinja

Raising pre is standard, don't even think of limping behind! Sometimes you may think "oh, I could limp and check/fold if I miss and I'd loose less money that way", but you'll better skip that thought. :)

Cbetting is possible, but I'd make it less, like 0.17 or something. In fact on this flop I'd usually check back, because I think his check/calling range pre consists of many SC/pp type of hands he will never fold to one barrel, but multi barreling can become expensive, because he just never folds anything. Kh or Ah in our hand would give us additional equity so that would be little vote for cbet, but don't forget to look at his cbet stat and how often he's folding.

As played with cbet I think we shouldn't 2nd barrel, because this card helped his SD combos and he will still hold to his draws/pocket pairs and you are ahead of his broadways range, like KQ etc.

Good luck!