Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2
      Hero:
      $2.2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , K:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.24, BB folds, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.50) A:diamond: , K:diamond: , T:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.26, Hero raises to $0.90, SB raises to $1.76 (All-In), Hero calls $0.86.

Turn: ($4.02) T:diamond:
      River: ($4.02) Q:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.02

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (As Kh)
      SB shows a full-house, kings full of tens (Ks Kc)

SB wins with a full-house, kings full of tens (Ks Kc)

Is this played OK?

On the flop I think against an unknown opp SB could Cbet AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ, AJ, AT. More so if SB is holding a Q/J of diamonds. And I think once villain cbets he will be willing to stack off with nearly all these hands?

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

This being 3bet pot makes me wonder, because although sample size is small SB seems like playing more on reasonable side, so his 3bet range could be like JJ+, AQ+ (that's pretty tight, but only spewers 3bet much wider without any history and as you don't have history about him I assume he doesn't have history about you either).
      So I think overall there are not many worse hands that could continue against your raise on flop, QQ/JJ will fold, AQ will fold often aswell, so nothing much left from our starting 3bet range. Even if we widen it up a bit, TT beats us and AJ will fold most often.

All that said I'd just call flop and see turn action.

Good luck!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jeffers16,

You can't really Call the flop since there are so many cards what would kill the action and as you Called the 3bet preflop it's likely broke anyways, what do you want to hit on flop if you Calling preflop? Also since it's NL2, I wouldn't even mind if you just 3bet there and get it in, the opponents on NL2 tend to go broke with a lot wider range.

Best regards.
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies.

I really just don't like going broke in this situation preflop, against any pair I'm at best flipping and I'm only ahead against a worse Ace which I really don't see non maniacs go all in with much.

So by calling I think I can win the hand either hitting an A or K, or if a flop with over cards to villains pair comes I can win the pot on the flop without going to SD.

Is my thinking here completely wrong?

Also what about 4betting and folding to a shove? Or is my only option to go broke or fold to the 3bet?

I think these kind of situations I'm generally not playing that well, so I'm grateful for the feedback.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I really just don't like going broke in this situation preflop, against any pair I'm at best flipping and I'm only ahead against a worse Ace which I really don't see non maniacs go all in with much.
      If you don't feel that comfortable in such situations with AK then just fold, it ain't a mistake, mistake is when you go in and lose with it. ;) And from my experience I'd say that with AKo a lot of players have a leak since they don't play it profitable. Not sure if Elephant does have the future to check it but if it does then just go and check if your overall AKo hands are getting you profit.

So by calling I think I can win the hand either hitting an A or K, or if a flop with over cards to villains pair comes I can win the pot on the flop without going to SD.

Problem with just Calling is that if we even hit our K or A then the opponent could easily just Check/Fold since there is an overcard on flop and we miss value. What I want to say is that with just Calling and hoping for a hit we wont play such hands profitable since we don't hit that often. And can't be sure if they even willing to go broke with weaker PP then.

Is my thinking here completely wrong?

I'd not say that completely wrong, you are trying to understand what you are doing wrong and how to fix it and that's very good example of a player who tries to move up the limits and what will happen likely to you sooner on later.

Also what about 4betting and folding to a shove? Or is my only option to go broke or fold to the 3bet?

If you decide to 4bet then you can't fold anymore! Likely yes, go broke or just fold and save the money or sometimes even earn the money. :f_cool:

I think these kind of situations I'm generally not playing that well, so I'm grateful for the feedback.

I am glad to help you out.