Hero ($13.95)

Dealt to Hero T:club: J:club:

UTG raises to $0.35, fold, CO calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.20) 7:club: 7:spade: 4:club:

UTG bets $0.80, CO folds, Hero calls $0.80

TURN ($2.80) 7:club: 7:spade: 4:club: 5:club:

UTG bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

RIVER ($5.80) 7:club: 7:spade: 4:club: 5:club: K:spade:

[color=red]UTG bets $7.70 (AI), Hero ???

vpip: 27, pfr: 19, af: 2.0, 52 hands

What is best line?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nktns,

As played I would likely just raise it up on turn to get his whole stack on river. Also we have to protect from for example A :club: or some other cards. Also any overcard could kill the action sometimes, if he has some smaller PP.

Best regards.
    • nktns
      nktns
      Bronze
      If i raise turn i have to call a shove of course, but how do you think what kind of worse hands he is going to call or shove here? Same for river as played. Do you think he can shove worse here on river, for example what kind of hands?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by nktns
      If i raise turn i have to call a shove of course, but how do you think what kind of worse hands he is going to call or shove here? Same for river as played. Do you think he can shove worse here on river, for example what kind of hands?
      Yes, if you raise turn then you can't fold there anymore. He could easily shove some PPs with added flushdraw, doesn't have to be always the nuts. River play is question to you, why do you Call on flop and when you hit you are trying to fold your hand? Just fold it right on the flop if you are scared to draw for a flush on paired board. Take also into consideration that he doesn't have to put you on a nuts either and could easily overplay his overpair there which thinks that his 2pair hand is good enough or maybe even AK which A is a :club: but of course that's rare situation since the opponent has to have a pretty high CBet percent to do that for both streets.