[NL20-NL50] nl 25 sh rush JJ OOP

• DeMarcohsp
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($8.87)
      BB ($31.36)
      UTG ($26.75)
      Hero (MP) ($32.13)
      CO ($39.92)
      Button ($60.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J, J
      1 fold, Hero bets $1, 1 fold, Button calls $1, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.35) 5, 7, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, Button calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.35) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $3, Hero calls $3

River: ($11.35) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

Total pot: $11.35 | Rake: $0.56

Villain is 24/18/1.5 and 35 WSD

As played I c/c the river as well.

With him having 1.5AF and 35 WSD is it more sensible to bet like 5 on the river and fold to a raise? I guess he is not bluffing anymore and is checking behind all the worse hands ( smaller pocket pairs )
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Nah, I like your line with plan Check/Calling the river, I think he would more often fold to the bet anyways on river. Although the WTS is really big what makes wonder, for how many hands is the value? Might even Call our small bet on river with smaller PP. If he hand sample size is big enough, lets say at least 150.

Best regards.
    • Tim64
      Hey Veriz,

Do you like going to ch/call mode on turn?

Is it better than 2nd barreling?

• Kaitz20
      I´m not veriz, but nevertheless there is my opinion :)
      It depends mostly against the player. You don´t get likely 3 streets of value from worse hands so you can take b/f line on the turn and then c/c river or c/c turn and c/c river. If player is aggressive and likes to float then c/c him down imo is very good option. If player is calling station that doesn´t give us any respect then barreling turn is imo better option, since I would use K as scare card most of the times with air.
    • veriz
      Do you like going to ch/call mode on turn?
      Is it better than 2nd barreling?

However it depends against we are playing, of course this kind of opponent we could take as 3 streets of value since he has such a huge WTS but more often I think it's only like for 50-100 hands and what ain't the best information from him. And often they might even fold to a 2nd barrel on Kx on the board since Kx could easily be our range or maybe even their range with they floated on turn. With intention to keep the pot smaller and also maybe get value from smaller PPs I'd sometimes take Check/Call line to let them bluff or something similar. And even if they Check behind we still get value on river with Betting again. If I expect them to be loose enough just to Call all 3 streets for example against some fish who likes to go to showdown a lot in such situations, even with weaker PP then I'd just bet all the way. Also for example if the opponent is very likely floating on such boards the Check/Call against him is just perfect since he is going to bluff there a lot of times and we get more value from him out, maybe even 2 streets of bluff. But if we bet there out against aggressive opponents they might see just folding better since we 2nd barreling.

Hopefully it makes sense now. Good luck on the tables!