Stack
      SB:
      $13.93
      MP2:
      $6.29
      Hero:
      $2.01

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , 5:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.02, BU folds, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 7:diamond: , 5:spade: , 5:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.04, 3 folds.

Final Pot: $0.12

---

I'm thinking I should have checked here? Or did I make the right play?
  • 4 replies
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I would bet more there. If they think about calling, they still call and will not look much if it is 4 cnets or 8 cents. You want to build the pot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Royaltramp,

Bet pot on flop since we want to build up the pot and it doesn't really matter either you bet $0.04 or $0.08 they are likely Calling it anyway.

Good to see new players posting their hands and trying to improve their game, keep coming and lets try to find your leaks. :)

Best regards.
    • Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies, I was actually wondering about a bigger bet there (for the same reason) when I discussed this hand with a friend (who's also new to poker) - I'm glad to hear that idea was along the right lines. :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Royaltramp
      Thanks for the replies, I was actually wondering about a bigger bet there (for the same reason) when I discussed this hand with a friend (who's also new to poker) - I'm glad to hear that idea was along the right lines. :)
      You are welcome! :) You have to always consider how to get his whole stack and what kind of bets you have to put in to get it in there and only way is betting pot and hoping to have a hand.