$1.68
      MP1:
      $3.91
      MP2 (Hero):
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $4.49

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, Q.
      UTG1 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, BU calls $0.60, 2 folds, UTG1 raises to $1.50, Hero calls $0.90, BU calls $0.90.

So I had the feeling he might have Pocket Aces, by having the feeling is it worth folding on Queens? or do I play them like KK and just go for broke? I think I should have folded on the flop?

Flop: ($4.57) 8, 2, T (3 players)
      UTG1 bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, BU calls $1.50.

Turn: ($9.07) J (3 players)
      UTG1 bets $1.89, Hero calls $1.89, BU calls $1.89.

River: ($14.74) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $14.74.
      Results follow:

UTG1 shows a pair of aces(A A).
      Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).
      BU shows two pairs, jacks and tens(J T).

BU wins with two pairs, jacks and tens(J T).
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello samlar,

Since it's NL5 I'd just ship it preflop, with Calling you are just giving BU good odds to Call and that's the case what just happened who cracked both PPs. :(

Best regards.
    • crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      if i can say....if UTG1 raises i would call hoping no one ahead wont re-rais...waiting set on flop...raising from UTG1..he dont have marginal hand for sure :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by crodady
      if i can say....if UTG1 raises i would call hoping no one ahead wont re-rais...waiting set on flop...raising from UTG1..he dont have marginal hand for sure :)
      The problem with that is that with that plan we have to know that he opponent is really tight with open-PFR and of course it's doable. But why should we waste our hand, it's NL5 and people tend to go broke there with a lot worse. Also we are just giving perfect odds for Call for opponents behind us that's exactly what happened and our PP got cracked, we don't want this to happen. And by set mining with QQ that means you have to fold to some action on such board as we missed since we didn't hit our set. I think it would have ended the same if we played the hand exactly like you described but only we would have more people in pot and more likely behind.
    • crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      my problem or "problem" is that i respect too much NL4..maybe becouse i started to play with low BR..and that caution continue..everytime when UTG raise i give him a credit(if he is not maniac) for that thinking he got monster :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by crodady
      my problem or "problem" is that i respect too much NL4..maybe becouse i started to play with low BR..and that caution continue..everytime when UTG raise i give him a credit(if he is not maniac) for that thinking he got monster :f_biggrin:
      Hehe, I understand your point and it's totally fine to play such hand passively but you also have to be ready to give it up on such flops when there is a lot of action.
    • crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      i trow queens in garbage when if flop becomes to "hot" :f_biggrin: