Starting hand chart problem

• Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Hi... I have a serious problem with the BSS starting hand chart in that it recommends calling with JTs - KQs and Jto - KQo. I play so many games at .10/.05 where people are limping in so many positions...it seems like I'm playing very weak. Wouldn't it be better to raise limpers with these hands??
  • 3 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      This chart is for calling when they raise not when they limp. Obviously you isolate with those type of hands to gain initiative as preflop agressor. That way you often take down the pot preflop or on the flop when they miss.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Hmmm....

Really? It clearly states that with KQs, KJs, KTs, QJs, QTs, JTs "one player called" to "call" from Middle, late, and in the blinds.

Also, with AQ,AJ,AT to call 1 limper when in the blinds...which seems weak to me with AQ?
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      AQ you often want to 3bet especialy agaismt loose opponents, AJ you can raise in blinds if evebody limped, but AT depends on how many limpers 1-2 you can raise 3+ is very marginal and preobably better just call in sb and check bb/
      anyway try to understand why the chart suggests to do one thing and learn the factors to consider when oppening , for exmaple if you are in mp with all nitts behind you and two loose fish on the blinds and you have a hand like A8 I open with it- beacause the nitts rarely play, and if they play you know where you stand, and the fish are loose so Top pair good kiker hands are good agaisnt them/