playing deepstacked tips

• Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      i have a decent idea of how to play deepstacked,

but what would your main tips and pointers on playing deepstacked like 300bb?

this will be usefull for the FTOPS which has many events starting deepstacked
  • 13 replies
    • Murn90
      Murn90
      Bronze
      I think opening up your range to more suited connectors and pairs would be ideal, and at the same time try to avoid playing with dominated hands.
      I think players will play even more tag, so it should be easy to give them a range and know where they are in the hand.

Play as much as possible with the fishies.
      Also I think you can use moves like shoving 300 bb with QQ+ and Ak cause people will look you up rather light.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Murn90
      Also I think you can use moves like shoving 300 bb with QQ+ and Ak cause people will look you up rather light.
      What?? Shoving 300bb with QQ and AK? Why not just go with 78s? Runs better vs calling range of KK+... Even KK is close considering such a huge stack.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global

so in this scenario ur saying u expect someone sees a 300bb shove and says
      "hmmmmmmmmm my A6o looks good,he must be risking his 300bb to win the bb+sb that is in the middle,lets call"

like,for real?
    • Murn90
      Murn90
      Bronze
      You would be surprised what people will call you with like AQ+ and TT+.
      Off course you can't do this at a good table, but the miniftops event will be filled with fishies.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      I wouldn't shove that wide with 300bb woah, really im frit of putting KK in, I wouldnt let myself get into that spot anyway, I would play it post, unless its ultradonk then im not so worried.

Playing deep? 3b more IP and less OOP, IP its easier to control potsize, we have bigger edge and we play many hands much more profitably. We can now 3b a much wider range, many pocket pairs and suited connectors. (In the right spots of course). We have better implied odds (although people probably won't stack off ultra-light so don't over-estimate them). So we can lookup our draws more profitably. Lots of spots, do some of the quizes in the strategy section, I did some before on deepstack play they were pretty helpful.

Also remember, it probably wont be all that long before you are back at 100bb or possibly less, remember to adjust your game. :) GL
    • hedi01
      hedi01
      Global
      I am a fan 2424 hours dvd. I liked the series from day one hour. Like many shows, there are great episodes and great season. Jack Bauer kick ass and most of the writing and the spectacle was well written and the grey's anatomy dvdquality was exceptional. Kiefer Sutherland has a great job playing Jack Bauer in 8 seasons. He makes Jack an action hero, who is the James Bond or John McClane. Now, season 8 The last 3 years smallville dvdwere not the best seasons and the show started to be stereotypes. I feel the writers, networks and producers do not want to deviate too much from what they saw as the love walt disney dvdof a fan. I wish I had seen the show develop, but it is something completely different. This season has some good episodes, but the show started to fall into a routine that became embarrassing. If the U.S.house md dvd government that is inept, and it may be that we are fortunate to have a country. Conspiracy "started outrageous.There are 3 season's of 24 that EVERY episode is excellent, see below, or above average. This isn't one of them. I say about 3 great hours and 8 good hours, but one fantastic hour is the ending. The ending is classic "24" that made this season worth watching.
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      lol wtf is this ^^^^
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      it awesome deepstack strategy... leave the guy alone :P
      he'll be banned in a few min ;)
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Off course you can't do this at a good table, but the miniftops event will be filled with fishies.
      Agree with this, i'll put QQ in early in any tourney unless i have reads that say otherwise
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      Agree with this, i'll put QQ in early in any tourney unless i have reads that say otherwise
      Thats stupid in a deepstack tourny. Putting QQ in 300bb deep is really retarded unless the player is like fuckin 80/60/50%3b. You should be stacking off much tighter and playing alot more pots post flop IP with your edge.
    • Murn90
      Murn90
      Bronze
      Well if the fishies can't let go of TT+ and AQ+ then shoving and making max value is increasing your edge I believe??
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Not being funny but if you don't have a specific read that opponent brokes TT+,AQ+ then putting your money in with a hand like JJ/QQ is going to be seriously -EV if you are 300bb deep. You need to have a specific read on fish that they go broke so light otherwise you can't do it, you can't just stereotype a fish in this situation. Also when playing deep your edge comes from postflop not preflop (well you can have an edge here too if you are 3b/4b'ing in good spots etc), but you defo have a bigger edge postflop than u do stacking off preflop. My go broke range with 100bb in a tourny is generally QQ+,AK and extends much wider as stacks get smaller, so if I have 3x what I would stack off QQ+,AK with then why would I stack off wider? I defo stack off tighter!!
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hedi01
      I am a fan 24.........
      lol, he probably got banned for this but it was hilarious