[NL2-NL10] FR NL25 - Top set, monotone flop, check/raise on turn

• Faye6891
      I think I played this hand right, but I'm in doubt about my push there on the turn.

No Limit Hold'em
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      Hero: $28.35
      SB: $28.30

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q :club: Q :diamond:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 4 folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Flop: T :spade: Q :spade: 3 :spade:( $1.75, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.30, SB calls.

Turn: 2 :heart: ($4.35, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.10, SB raises to $6.20, Hero raises to $26.30 and is all-in, SB calls and is all-in.

After his raise I thought I could be either against a made flush (wich I think the odds are very small that he floped a flush), he could be holding the A :spade: or smaller set (TT or 33, probably).

First I thought about reraising to $16, he would have to call $9.80 more in a $26.55, giving him around 2.7-to-1 on his money. Wich I think he would call with any of the above holdings, even the A :spade: .

But then I'd be left with $10.30 (and him with $10.25) on a $36.35 pot. I'd put all my money in there no matter what happened on the river. I would be really sad to see a :spade: though. And he wouldn't call an all-in on the river with a busted draw, but he might call an all-in on the turn with the A :spade: . So I just pushed here.
  • 2 replies
    • Sleyde
      A shove on the turn is totally fine. Sometimes, you will indeed face a flush here but you just have to shove top set here. He will have a combodraw, a lower set or even twopair very often.

Any smallish reraise does not make any sense. A reraise commits you anyway, so just shove.
    • Faye6891
      I know sometimes I'll be facing a made flush, but they are so rare I don't worry about them.

The same way I also don't worry about a bigger set when I flop a set. The odds for that happening are so small, that I take the risk.

And I indeed was facing the nut flush here in this hand, but the board paired on the river, and I got called quite a few names!! lol!! :D

Thx for the feedback.