This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] FR NL25 - Top set, monotone flop, check/raise on turn

• Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I think I played this hand right, but I'm in doubt about my push there on the turn.

No Limit Hold'em
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      Stacks
      Hero: $28.35
      SB: $28.30

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q :club: Q :diamond:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 4 folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Flop: T :spade: Q :spade: 3 :spade:( $1.75, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.30, SB calls.

Turn: 2 :heart: ($4.35, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.10, SB raises to $6.20, Hero raises to $26.30 and is all-in, SB calls and is all-in.

After his raise I thought I could be either against a made flush (wich I think the odds are very small that he floped a flush), he could be holding the A :spade: or smaller set (TT or 33, probably).

First I thought about reraising to $16, he would have to call $9.80 more in a $26.55, giving him around 2.7-to-1 on his money. Wich I think he would call with any of the above holdings, even the A :spade: .

But then I'd be left with $10.30 (and him with $10.25) on a $36.35 pot. I'd put all my money in there no matter what happened on the river. I would be really sad to see a :spade: though. And he wouldn't call an all-in on the river with a busted draw, but he might call an all-in on the turn with the A :spade: . So I just pushed here.
  • 2 replies
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      A shove on the turn is totally fine. Sometimes, you will indeed face a flush here but you just have to shove top set here. He will have a combodraw, a lower set or even twopair very often.

Any smallish reraise does not make any sense. A reraise commits you anyway, so just shove.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I know sometimes I'll be facing a made flush, but they are so rare I don't worry about them.

The same way I also don't worry about a bigger set when I flop a set. The odds for that happening are so small, that I take the risk.

And I indeed was facing the nut flush here in this hand, but the board paired on the river, and I got called quite a few names!! lol!! :D

Thx for the feedback.