NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($17.91)
      BB ($13.82)
      UTG ($12.67)
      UTG+1 ($8.85)
      CO ($4.63)
      BTN ($0.69)

Dealt to Hero A:club: T:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.40, fold

FLOP ($1.10) 9:diamond: A:heart: 6:diamond:

Hero bets $0.80, BB raises to $1.60, Hero calls $0.80

TURN ($4.30) 9:diamond: A:heart: 6:diamond: 9:spade:

Hero checks, BB bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10

RIVER ($6.50) 9:diamond: A:heart: 6:diamond: 9:spade: 9:heart:

Hero checks, BB bets $1.60, Hero raises to $14.66, BB calls $8.92

26/20/3.9

Is my call on flop ok? I don't want raise with this weak hand but his raise is not that big and his AF is 3.9 so I called to reevaluete turn.

On turn he bets small so I still call. He might be having a draw in his range.

On the river there is no need to raise I, he is almost never having weaker fullhouse.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: Since he is such an aggressor then sometimes you could just complete and play in smaller pots against him but it's definitely fine to raise it up.
      Flop: Since he is such an aggressor I would often expect to take such lines even with bluffs and also with weaker Ax type of hands, Bet/Call is reasonable and reevaluate turn.
      Turn: Check/Call is reasonable since he will try to take the pot down very often with a bet and also his bet is kinda weak what makes me think that he has pretty weak hand what is just trying to get rid of our hand.
      River: What do you mean by that, there is no need to raise but you still raise? I think shipping there is totally fine in hope for him to have hands like 66 or something similar but very often we are just splitting the pot. So you only lose rake here and therefore you could also just Call. Also he often even would fold his 66 type of FH here. Just curious what did he have?

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      he had AQ, lucky me :)