This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

What's the difference between NL and PL strategy

• rarama
      rarama
      Bronze
      I've been playing more and more PL25 since that's the game I'm winning in. The thing I don't understand is I play the exact same way in both games (using the PokerStrategy style, starting hand chart and everything) and I don't really see much of a difference as far as the games are concerned. In NL25 you rarely see guys overbet the pot so I don't really see why I'm winning in PL25 but not in NL25.

In my last 12,094 hands I played 8900 hands in 25PL and 3194 hands in 25NL. My 25PL profit is 10BB/100 but in 25NL I have a loss of -9.8BB/100. I have close to 60,000 hands in my database and it's roughly the same results as before, I win in PL but lose in NL.

Looking at my stats I do notice there's a few differences.
      PL25
      Open Raise Late Pos - 39.6
      Aggression Factor - 3.3
      Win $ At Showdown - 64.9%

NL25
      Open Raise Late Pos - 31.1
      Aggression Factor - 2.4
      Win $ At Showdown - 39.1%

Considering I play the exact same way in both games, I guess players in NL25 are a bit more loose aggressive compared to PL25.

So what would I need to tweak when I'm in the NL tables?
  • 1 reply