Whats a profitable session fo you ?

• vitorhugo6
      vitorhugo6
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I have realized that great poker players, like jungleman12, have a paramenter called « big bets won per 100 hands» that is pretty reasonable to achieve. (you can search this in «poker table ratings»)

these good players usually have values around 1-4. it means that in 100 hands you win at average 1-4 big bets

example:

if you play nl2 : you play 100 hands and you win 0.12 that means you win 3 big bets ( 2x big blind).

Well if you consistently do so it means you are playing well and making profitable sessions.

the point is, is guess, that everyone wants to make quick profits and get frustrated with small wins, and indeed loose much money.

perhaps we should think a litle about this. Dont rush !!
  • 7 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Hi
    • p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      Easy - read the Poker Mindset, it explains all this and much more - especially the whole reason WHY people believe they should be making constant and consistent profit

Big Bets are only used for Fixed Limit - In no limit such as NL2 most people conisder big blinds per one hundred hands as a parameter (10/100) is usually considered good.
    • vitorhugo6
      vitorhugo6
      Bronze
      in my case i started playing poker with the intention of having fun and being a good player

my priority is not to make money ( i respect different ideas ).

so, im playing microstakes and making a relative profit similar to that of jungleman12 ( 3 bigbets per 100 hands, actually i make more ) and so i can say im good poker player ( at my level ) and im having fun.

so even though my BR keep growing like 0.30 day by day, im enjoying it !
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well like they sad before the term big bets is used in fixed limit games not in no limit. In nl you use big blinds per 100 hands but if you make 6bb/100 hands on NL2 you really shouldn't consider yourself to be a good player. On micros you can achieve way higher winrates then on low or mid stakes. The higher your playing the lower your winrate will be in terms of bb/100.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      6BB/100 against huge fish and 6BB/100 vs some of the best players in the world should not even be compared...
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Wehn HEM shows my session in green. Red is a disaster...any amount.

I only play nl5 nl10 FR and my winrate is 17bb/100. If I was winning 17bb/100 at nl200 FR I would be quite pleased to say the least! Lol. They aren't really comparable as has been mentioned before.
    • vitorhugo6
      vitorhugo6
      Bronze
      hi Matej and Haha!

i agree with you when you say theres huge fish in nl2 and 6bb/100 is not a great thing in terms of dificulty

well, i only said i think im good player at my level !! Probably im not in NL5 or higher

i think its a funny way to see your poker career in a constructive way...without the impatience to reach higher limits.