Dealt to Hero 7:spade: 9:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BTN calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, fold

FLOP ($1.30) 2:heart: 5:diamond: 9:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $1, BTN calls $1, SB folds

TURN ($3.30) 2:heart: 5:diamond: 9:diamond: T:spade:

Hero bets $1.80, BTN calls $1.80

RIVER ($6.90) 2:heart: 5:diamond: 9:diamond: T:spade: 3:spade:

Hero checks, BTN checks

Players after me are tight, blinds also tigh.

BTN 18/11/2.3 fold to cbet 67

I have to second barrel turn, right? T might be a scare card for him and also I want to protect agaisnt draws. One thing is bad that pot becomes very big. Giving up turn may be to weak, because he might float.
  • 7 replies
    • Tulabas
      Tulabas
      Bronze
      i still dont see the point in raising pre if they are tight, if all after you would be total nits, then it would be ok......maybe.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      But I hate when I have good hand they respect a raise and fold. So thats why I raise with these hands to create a loose image.
    • Tulabas
      Tulabas
      Bronze
      yeah, i know, but is NL10 :)
      and u see, by playing this trash oop you put urself in difficult situation.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      NL10, but sometimes it happens that all players are tight and one very loose. So I don't want to leave table. And I steal a lot from those tight, if they call, a can take money using cbet very often. Of course sometimes happens sitiuations like this.
    • Tulabas
      Tulabas
      Bronze
      ok,whatever, i see that i cant change ur mind :D DDD

post flop is fine i guess.
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi SPeedFANat1c!

Please review http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1671/1/
      for preflop starting handchart.

Even if you are terrific post flop player you cannot overcome disadvantage of poor preflop hand selection and being OOP. Unsuited single gap connector plays poorly and hits flop 1:7.5 (compare to suited connector - 1:3).

Your top pair hands will be weak , with weak kicker and you could be easilly dominated by higher kicker (eg. T8o vs AT), or hands like 88-JJ that do not want to re-raise.

As played it is very difficult and you are putting your self in difficult situation. If he is giving up so often on flop, why do you continue with second barrel. Are you going to give up on his river bet? You invested 30% of your money to POT and and this situation you just need 30% to his entiere range to call.

You might have covered hands like 66-88 that most likely does not give up on this low board and could call 2 streets. You could be behind to the TT-JJ.

As played you might bet turn, river is check-fold for me.

Funktor

P.S.: Build big pots with big hands and play small pots with small hands.
      P.P.S.: Even on NL100 you would be doing ok with standard hand chart and stats 22/18
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      It sounds that I have a big leak :) but sometimes I still have to loosen up against tight players but I am overdoing it.