BB ($63.70)
      Hero ($55.35)
      UTG+1 ($25.90)
      UTG+2 ($87.70)
      MP1 ($48.80)
      CO ($53.05)
      BTN ($50)

Dealt to Hero 8:heart: 8:diamond:

Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, fold

FLOP ($6.50) 8:spade: J:spade: 2:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $5.55, CO folds, BTN folds, SB calls $5.55

TURN ($17.60) 8:spade: J:spade: 2:heart: K:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($17.60) 8:spade: J:spade: 2:heart: K:spade: 6:club:

SB bets $9, Hero folds

SB wins $16.75

Villain is 41/4/0.9AF/93 hands.

Hello!

Is folding here too weak? My thoughts were that he is likely the type of player who would call with suited crap, and his very low AF made me think him unlikely to bet without a very strong hand.

I guess he could also have KJ here or some other two-pair, but I think he will have the flush most of the time. Should I just call since the pot is so small? What do you think?

Thanks.
  • 5 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I'd probably call it off since i expect him to bet bigger with a flush, and this type of player that calls half a deck could have any random 2pair here thats betting or might just be bluffing since you shoved weakness on the turn.
    • mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Silver
      I snap river.
      But what about the turn? I think im still betting turn to get value from hes Jx and lots of GSs and some turned FDs. Thoughts?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Turn bet is very standard and then likely you can check back river if you afraid him having flush too often although you can also valuebet river and then deal if you get c/r
      as played. very standard call, since your hand looks a lot like air so he can valuebet there anything starting with Jx and ending two pair
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      Thanks for the input guys.

Looking at it now I agree that folding the river is a bad idea. I just felt so sure he had it that I didn't even want to call off 10 bucks.

I think I definitely should have bet the the turn, as then I could have the option of checking behind the river, and I can easily fold if he raises.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hajler
      Thanks for the input guys.

Looking at it now I agree that folding the river is a bad idea. I just felt so sure he had it that I didn't even want to call off 10 bucks.

I think I definitely should have bet the the turn, as then I could have the option of checking behind the river, and I can easily fold if he raises.
      depends how much does he c/r.
      If he makes it min-raise you have odds to hit your boat.