[NL20-NL50] Nl 50 Aq

• z1pz0r
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($117.50)
      SB ($62.55)
      BB ($50.10)
      Hero (UTG) ($51.25)
      MP ($49.85)
      CO ($77.45)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, A
      Hero bets $1.75, MP calls $1.75, 4 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 3, 2, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.75, MP calls $2.75

Turn: ($9.75) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $4, Hero calls $4

River: ($17.75) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $41.35 (All-In), Hero calls $41.35

Total pot: $100.45

Villan is 35/15 with 2 aggr. factor, inf on river, but only after 75 hands.
      Until then he played like a normal semi-fish so I dont really have any good reads on him.
      On turn I don't wanna barrel since I don't wanna be raised. On river I think that my donkbet looks too obvious. His push is like wtf but i call it anyway, thoughts?
      Also, would you raise his 1/2 potsize river bet?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      On that flop, how big of a pot do you plan on playing with the villain? (ie: do you plan to play for your stack?).

You say you don't want to bet the turn because you don't want to get raised. Realistically speaking, how often do you expect to get raised, and when you get raised what do you expect villain to show?
      Personally, I would have only two reasons for checking the turn:
      A) He folds on a lot of scare cards (overs)
      B) He would bet all of his range on the turn (including hands he'd fold to my bet)

So, if neither of those are likely given our reads over 75 hands I'd bet the turn ~2/3 pot.
      As played you give him control of the play and control over how much money goes in there before the river (I, for one, would love to have a bigger pot on the river should I hit one of my nut outs).
      You also have the option of a small ck/raise (to ~$10-$12) to get more money in there from weaker draws, Qx hands but I'd prefer that if a different card hit the turn.

I'd also bet bigger on that flop. I'd be curious to know why you bet just a tiny bit more than 1/2 pot.

Against an aggro fish that raise TP and/or missed draws I like donking the river for ~2/3 pot (also good vs fish that ck back their weak made hands like second/third pair).
    • mrxLT
      So Bogdan,

Do you bet/fold turn or bet/call?
    • Kaitz20
      Originally posted by mrxLT
      So Bogdan,

Do you bet/fold turn or bet/call?
      we can´t really b/f turn with our equity.
      I would also likely barrel turn card to 7$, since he can still have there a lot of draws that he would call again or worse made hands and if river is blank we can then likely c/c
      as played: his line looks like nuts, but your hand looks also quite weak, so i think you have to call his river shove although it tends to be nuts very often