New Blog - HU SNGs - Bopping some fools.

• CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      Hello ! Im new here , just turn 18 so can now play poker online legally :evil: :s_biggrin:

I have a bnakroll of ~$100 and want to get foccussed on a game and get good at itt and move up the limits. Problem is, im not sure which game?

I have played FLSH succesfully in the past up to a reasonable level and this is no doubt the game i am best at but the varience is annoying at higher levels and edges become so low.

NL i do not have any greta experience with in terms of hard studdying of the game and it is becoming very TAGy and again difficult to make money from without alot of studying i.e. i would have alot of catching up to do on current regs at NL50/100+ .

I am interested in PLO and have a grounding knowledge of it, but i don't know whether i could handle the varience in the long term. was thinking trying FR PLO to reduce this but not a great deal of traffic. ALso, my bankroll is quite small and this game would have the higest bankroll:winrate ratio which is not good for bankroll building.

Also HU SNGs i like and they seem very beatable at low stakes and can make a handsome profit here already even with little studying of it. ( more of a learn by playing format) Obviously prone to high varience also and i have struggled to find solid learning material so developing my game here would be hard.

SO are my assumptions above correct, any advice quidance or suggestions welcome.

Once you guys help me hose my game i will blog my progress here and hopefull share with you my success.

Thats all for now!
  • 9 replies
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      Come on people I need your guidance!

I am leaning towards the HU SNGs but I need to find some solid material to boost my knowledge, there are no articles focused on HU SNGs on PS.com that i am aware.

Could anyone suggest any of the NL BSS or reg SNG articles that could be useful and translated to HU SNG strategy ?

If I get started I think I will start on the $5 -$0.25 HU SNG on stars with a very aggro 20BI but i guess thats just how i role.

Any other reg HU SNG players out there?
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Nice blog sir!
      I wonder why does everybody wanna play HU?:)

Here is a guide to HU SNG's :D :
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      Thank you sir. Ill check that out this evening.

Everyone wants to play HU because you get the fishes all to your self ! :evil: muahahaha

Welcome to the blog : )
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Heh, i get it then.:D

Dont take the vid too seriously though.:f_cool:
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      Ah i see, think ive seen it before then, if its the one i htink, its quite amusing right? :P
    • Murn90
      Murn90
      Bronze
      Hey sir.
      Well TwiceT have made a HUsng video here at ps.com if I remember correctly, and sometimes the sng coachings focus on HU.

Best of luck.
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      Yer thanks i have had a look at that. I think it is best to learn the content first from articles then you can follwo and understand vids/coachings better so looking for some reading material as well.

Thanks, keep following :)
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      Okay so Im setting off on the $5 +$0.25 HU SNG on stars. First sesion went pretty well ending up 9BI , pretty scary though that a similar swing in the other direction would have eaten up 1/2 my roll :f_eek: Aggro BRM FTW.

Obviously ran pretty good but was particularly pleased with beating what i assumed was a reg 3 times in a row, after both declining rematch each time but meeting again after clicking register to any. :evil:

From here I plan to 2 table these HU $5 SNGs aiming to win 60% which tuns out a ROI of about 14%. No real experience to say how realistic this is but seems very reasonable from what I have seen. Anyone help me out with what a solid game can achieve at these levels and above ? Also how many tables do you HU SNGers play?

Study wise I am going to start with the NL cash HU articles to get an understanding of HU Hold'em, then not sure wher eto go after that, i guess all the NL BSS concept articles can be useful, but particularly want to have a look at some of the SNG specific stuff as having never played SNGs before my knowledge here is minimal. Any advice where to start here?

Thats all for now,

Bop
    • StabiBossa
      StabiBossa
      Bronze
      LOL THAT VIDEO ROX :D :D :D :s_biggrin: ?(