This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SnG player, who is bad in cash games

• valdins666
      valdins666
      Bronze
      Hello to all! :)

I'm playing poker about 3 years - first year i was playing only playmoney, than second year i played with friends cash games, blinds was 1/2 cents, with beers.. just for fun.. But last few month i'm reading about sng and playing online/live. I have some first, second places in live poker as well and online. Yeah and i want become a successful sng player..
      The question is - is it possible to become a profitable sng player without cash game education and practice? Or cash game is a basic of poker?
  • 2 replies
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Both are different games, that's why each has its own strategy section. And yes you can be a profitable sng player with no cash games experience.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Very important for SNG play is learning ICM. We have a special poker software where you can learn it. Have a look here:
      Training: The ICM Trainer

But as AquamanBT already wrote you don't need to be a good cash game player to be good in SNGs. But sure if you are good in cash game, it will help you to play SNGs even better :)

Cheers,
      Hannes