[NL2-NL10] FR NL10: TP on river

• Philipvw
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A:club: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 5 folds, SB calls $0,35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,90) 9:club: , A:spade: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,50, Hero raises to $1,50, SB calls $1,00.

Turn: ($3,90) T:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2,50, SB calls $2,50.

River: ($8,90) J:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls $3,00.

Final Pot: $14,90

Should i've checked behind on the river? Or played this hand differently on antoher point?
  • 4 replies
    • Crazzynesss
      Feels like he was holding A with a low kicker? I would have bet also, maybe he's waiting for the flush.
    • AtonalMonk
      That hand looks like so many i've played where it turned out i was betting against a set.

I find it very hard when the villain is just calling my bets and i have only a medium made hand. I have won some nice pots calling for set value and then hitting it on the flop, it just sucks when the tables are turned.
    • rubysilesia
      Nice hand imo. I would also raise on the flop for protection and information. On the turn u have to protect against multiple draws. The river value bet is also ok since he didn't show any strength and seems to be in auto call mode. If he is very passive and u felt that something is wrong here, a check would also be ok I think.
    • Puschkin81
      Hi Philipvw!

I think you played this hand well. But I would raise slightly more on the flop (~$2). Otherwise you are giving your opponent the odds to call with his draw. The turn bet for protection is good as well. And since he doesn't show any strength on the river and no flush draw completed I think a value bet is good, too.

Good luck at the tables!