UTG ($28.15)
      UTG+1 ($91.90)
      UTG+2 ($50)
      MP1 ($19.75)
      MP2 ($54.75)
      CO ($50.75)
      BTN ($50)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:spade:

UTG raises to $1.50, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $5, fold, UTG calls $3.50

FLOP ($10.50) 6:diamond: 5:club: 2:heart:

Hero checks, UTG bets $7, Hero folds

UTG wins $10

Villain is 49/17/42WTS/40%(15) fold to CB, 67%(12) bet in position over 129 hands.

Hello,

Sorry for the boring hand, but I had no idea what to do here so I would like some opinions. Villain was playing quite crazy, and I don't really think his UTG raise necessarily indicates that much strength, and he probably wont fold anything to my 3-bet ever.

That said, what do I do when I miss completely here? He probably wont fold if I c-bet, but I think I could still be ahead with my A high. What play would be optimal here?

Thanks!
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Hajler,

No hand is boring! There is always something to discuss.

Preflop: Since we are OOP, I think I'd also prefer to raise against such opponent for value but wouldn't be wrong if you just Called and played against him in smaller pot. But I see that you should be a lot more experienced than him and when we do hit, we gonna extract a lot value from him from bigger pots.
      Postflop: What's his AF? But often I would also just Check/Fold in such situations and hope for next time to hit or even have a PP and then if he is somehow aggressive then even try Check/Raise against him.

Best regards.