SSS on Full Tilt

• Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Im looking for other players with this strategy on Full Tilt. Mainly im looking for the answer if SSS is playabele with only 8 people at the table, that Full Tilt mostly has, with the 9 max tables 1 sit out, or empty.

I feel 8 people is not good for SSS, im blinding away, even with 9, i have a 10% handicap compared to the 10 player tables.

I dont wanna go into a blind stealing war or something. I would like to know, if the basic strategy is working ( but still feel handicapped ), or its not worth it, as its more like breakeven on long run.

Im down with like 30 buyins now, sample of 15k hands, of course not without mistake, and had some tought luck also, but i think the almost short handed tables hurt my game.

Thanks for opinions.
  • 8 replies
    • alexila
      alexila
      Bronze
      I have been playing SSS on full tilt for a few weeks now and I have the same impression as you have. The strategy does work with 9 players (or as little as 7), but it might only be profitable if you select the right tables.

I have found that the level of the players on FTP is higher than on for example Partypoker and that very often I won't get as much action on my big hands.

I look at the SSS as an introduction to poker to help beginners learn the game and to (maybe) make a small profit out of it as well, but if you are a good enough player, it will not be the most profitable strategy for you.

I think you should consider switching to a different strategy if you feel comfortable with doing so...Play your own game, but with a conservative bankroll management.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Also on full tilt here and I agree it makes it harder but today I just had my first session where I actually came away with a profit, albeit, only of 1 buy in.
      Up until today i hadn't been blind stealing and after today I conclude that if your using SSS on Full Tilt, Blind stealing is a must, on the lower limits anyway.
      My problem was getting blinded out, rebuying and then doubling up only to recoup the rebuys. With blind stealing my stacks seem to hover for a while between 15 and 23 buyins occasionally reaching 25 and therefore eligible to stand up, and then inevitably the big hand comes and its either double up or bust. But the extra time gained is crucial imo.

First day the SSS has worked for me :D
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

The short stack strategy also works at 9-handes tables like on Full Tilt. If you think that you have enough experience you can also try to play the advanced short stack strategy with steals and resteals or switch to the big stack strategy if your bankroll suffices. Whatever you do:

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Puschkin81
      Hi guys!

The short stack strategy also works at 9-handes tables like on Full Tilt. If you think that you have enough experience you can also try to play the advanced short stack strategy with steals and resteals or switch to the big stack strategy if your bankroll suffices. Whatever you do:

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
      I can understand why this is a silver article but I really think all FT players should have access to this article after my recent revelations, at least with SSS. Also, I noticed that undercover82 covers blind stealing briefly in one of his bronze SSS videos, which maybe slightly conflicts with this article being silver?
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Lately i blind out when even one player missing. I admit i have to sit in / sit out tables a lot, but only paying the blinds when the table is 9 handed. I think that helped on losing less in the blinds. I feel less stressed on stealing. Hope this helps.
    • MaximumShark
      MaximumShark
      Bronze
      I would recommend playing 1$ sng to build your bankroll if you don't like SSS. When your bankroll gets bigger then you can go back to cash games and play with a big stack :P
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      1$ sngs ? isn´t the rake just killing your roi ?
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      2+0.2 i think the first with normal rake.
      And i dont have problems with SSS, just makes no sense to play at 8 player tables and blind 12.5% more, i blind 10% more even this way compared to 10 player tables.