NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($16.23)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($16.31)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($2.50)
      Hero ($16.43)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.15) K:diamond: 7:heart: 8:club:

UTG bets $0.86, Hero calls $0.86

TURN ($2.87) K:diamond: 7:heart: 8:club: 9:heart:

UTG checks, Hero bets $1.55, UTG raises to $3.10, Hero folds

UTG wins $5.68

41/3/3.2 61hands - reads he slowy play AA

F: i calls becouse he donkbets a lot so i can get more value from bluffs.

T: not good cards but he check so i vb worse Kx, paris, draws and he minrasie me fast and i fold but i thinks calls and see what he do river is better option.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello deivid2,

Nah, he often has us beat and it's safer to just Bet/Fold there unless we have some other reads that he might take such line as a bluff or something similar. Since if we Call turn we have to Call the river also very often.

Best regards.
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Isn't just raising here better? Why give the villain a chance to catch the straight or another card for his retarted 2-pair? My idea would be to just try to get it in on the flop.
    • deivid2
      deivid2
      Global
      i thinks rasie here is fine but calls is okey also.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Pichux
      Isn't just raising here better? Why give the villain a chance to catch the straight or another card for his retarted 2-pair? My idea would be to just try to get it in on the flop.
      The problem with getting in on flop is that, it's not what we usually want since there are so man hands what beat us. Since he is showing a lot weakness preflop and now on flop is betting in, therefore could try to bluff on such flop or either has something. When we raise we mostly get Called by a better hand of course there is a chance of him being so lose and going broke with just Kx but I don't expect that to be the often case. With just Calling we go for pot control and play accordingly on further streets, we also get value from draws and maybe even 2nd barrel from bluffs. And I wouldn't really go all-in on flop with just TPTK, way too overplayed, unless I have good reason for that.
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      The problem with getting in on flop is that, it's not what we usually want since there are so man hands what beat us. Since he is showing a lot weakness preflop and now on flop is betting in, therefore could try to bluff on such flop or either has something. When we raise we mostly get Called by a better hand of course there is a chance of him being so lose and going broke with just Kx but I don't expect that to be the often case. With just Calling we go for pot control and play accordingly on further streets, we also get value from draws and maybe even 2nd barrel from bluffs. And I wouldn't really go all-in on flop with just TPTK, way too overplayed, unless I have good reason for that.

The guy is a 40/3 calling station. If hitting TPTK against him is not the nuts on rainbow, 2-card connected board, then what is? If he's a calling station hes calling our reraise with KQ,KJ,KT,K9, QQ- , 89, 79, OESDs, and gutshots. Now when i'm looking through the hand i saw that i didn't take in consideration the fact that he raises into us. But still i think that a raise here is good. With appropriate bet sizing we could still raise/fold the flop and if he calls then re-evaluate the turn. Is such a play acceptable if we look at it trough such perspective?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz

The guy is a 40/3 calling station. If hitting TPTK against him is not the nuts on rainbow, 2-card connected board, then what is? If he's a calling station hes calling our reraise with KQ,KJ,KT,K9, QQ- , 89, 79, OESDs, and gutshots. Now when i'm looking through the hand i saw that i didn't take in consideration the fact that he raises into us. But still i think that a raise here is good. With appropriate bet sizing we could still raise/fold the flop and if he calls then re-evaluate the turn. Is such a play acceptable if we look at it trough such perspective?
      40/3 doesn't mean that he is Calling station postflop, other stats are for this. Yes, ad you really think that he would Bet/Raise always such hands what you mentioned? I rarely think so. With Raise/Fold we are turning our hand just into bluff but what it ain't, so therefore I'd just go for pot control, depending how the villain plays postflop, of course if he plays also very loose postflop but what atm he didn't write, only that he is able to slowplay AA, I'd often consider about pot control, not saying that going broke there against big fish is wrong, sometimes I would pick the line but more often against known players.