Turbo tournaments

• rasielcz
      rasielcz
      Bronze
      I registered at party poker and only NL hold-em SnG for $1 are turbo, so I'd like to know if there is any different strategy for those. I mean the tables introduced are nice and all, but the game just seems to progress too fast to wait for those hands.
  • 3 replies
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rasielcz
      I registered at party poker and only NL hold-em SnG for $1 are turbo, so I'd like to know if there is any different strategy for those. I mean the tables introduced are nice and all, but the game just seems to progress too fast to wait for those hands.
      The strategy should be "Cross you fingers and hope for the best".

Seriously, if you're playing with the $50 starting capital, I'd begin with the $3 SnGs (not correct BRM, but PP doesn't offer anything smaller than $3 SnGs at regular speed). The super turbos are just awful.

With the $3 SnGs there is still plenty of dodgy play from your opponents, but I think that you will be in the money more than you would be with the $1. (With the $3 SnGs, it's quite a regular occurrence to be down from 10 players to 5 or 6 before you're out of level 3.)

It's just my advice, but I think that the $1 super-turbos are a waste of time.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      For such turbo tournaments it is really important that you know how to use ICM. You are very fast in push or fold mode and you need to make sure that you understand everything correctly.

PokerStrategy.com has developed an ICM trainer, where you can improve your game. Have a look here:
      Training: The ICM Trainer

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to aks.

Cheers,
      Hannes
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      why dont play ring game? :s_biggrin: