This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 J9 dodging bullets on the river

• Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1062764
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $15.87 26/9/3.1 on 503h sample
      Hero (BTN): $18.19
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $10.21
      UTG: $9.89
      MP: $13.54

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with 9 :club: J :spade:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, CO calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95) 8 :diamond: J :heart: Q :heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.95) T :club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.60, CO calls $1.60

River: ($5.15) A :heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

A bit unsure about the goal of our flop bet. Here i made it as a bluff, if i got raised i would fold, maybe called a min-raise, but i suppose that could be a mistake too. On turn it turns into a value bet for me. Are we comfortable stacking off here? And what do we do if the river comes an unsuited A or K? If it's a blank then going broke here is ok IMO...
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Pichux,

Preflop: According to SHC your raise is a bit too loose since we are playing against a Calling station as I understand, I would more often prefer to fold, since the postflop experience ain't that good for you right now I guess.

As played
      Flop: Sure, you can bet here since he could still Call with worse and also we have a backdoor. But I wouldn't Call his min-raise more often just prefer to fold against it.
      Turn: Since we are that deep, I wouldn't never go broke here, more often take pot control and reevaluate river.
      River: The A or K on river really bad card for us and therefore I'd prefer to take the free showdown there and hope to be ahead.

Best regards.