SB: $25.99
      Hero (BB): $10.00
      UTG: $11.71 11/12/2.8 on 161h sample
      MP: $7.25
      CO: $19.61
      BTN: $10.89

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with A :heart: J :heart:
      UTG raises to $0.35, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.75) A :diamond: 3 :diamond: 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.55) A :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

River: ($3.35) 9 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, UTG calls $1.80

Well it was more than clear that he's got the A here. The thing was that i was too weak to simply let go of my A here, so i just tried to get maximum fold equity out of it. So maybe any better ways to play this? The guy was thinking quite a while until he called my bet on river and we split the pot...
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Pichux,

I'd just bet my own flop & turn for protection from FDs and maybe even weaker Aces, otherwise seems to be fine. And what for did you want fold equity here? Fold equity means that if you bet and he will likely fold, the % how often does he fold.

Best regards.
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Well, my goal here was to get him off a stronger A. I understand that at this limit it could be not so wise to try to do so. The fact that scared me here was his tightness pre. Ok, if i cbet, he folds most of his non A holdings if not on the flop, then on turn for sure (question - is this a good spot to double barrell as a bluff and if the turn is not an A?). But what if he has better A? Just bet bet bet and call it a cooler or fold to any resistance to my bets? Also in that case what about bet sizings? Are our bets meant for bluffs or for value?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      question - is this a good spot to double barrell as a bluff and if the turn is not an A?).

You mean by bluff that if you don't have an Ace? No, it's pretty bad spot to 2nd barrel there if you don't have a hand since he will very likely Call you on turn also as he Called you on flop. Also I'd say the same for if there ain't an Ace on turn.

But what if he has better A?

But he could also have just K:diamond: K or what so ever also, doesn't have to be always the Ace.

Just bet bet bet and call it a cooler or fold to any resistance to my bets?

Yeah I'd likely Bet/Bet/Bet, it depends for example what's his WTS & W$SD, according to that we could easily consider either we are going broke or not but often I'd just take pot control line even if he decides to raise. And play accordingly further streets.

Also in that case what about bet sizings?

On flop I'd bet ~$0.60 into $0.75 pot, turn would be ~$1.20 into $1.55 and river as you did, trying to get value from weaker PPs or something similar.

Are our bets meant for bluffs or for value?

They are for value and also protection.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Pre-flop: Don't call pre-flop with AJ OOP vs. very tight player on UTG.. I would even not consider calling OTB. If I called OTB I'd look to play some flush draw instead of TP type of hand vs. this player.
      Flop: You should definitely donkbet/fold the flop.
      Turn: As played, I'd donkbet on the turn just to prevent him from raising. If he raises it's easy fold.
      River: If you wanted to block bet then I'd rather bet 1/3 pot instead of more than 1/2 pot.