SSS vs BSS at 2NL

• Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      I'm wondering which you guys tend to think has more success? In general I see that many players start with Short Stack Strategy and then move to Big Stack Strategy, but I've always been a BSS (albeit way too loose, not aggressive enough etc) player way before I found this site and so I'm not sure if there's any point in me learning SSS or if I should stick with my current game and work on improving it.

However I've seen some graphs of SSS and wow some people have done extremely well with it, with seemingly very little variance - something I notice a lot of with BSS.

I read that the reason for less variance with SSS is just because you only have 1/5 of the cash - but surely that doesn't apply with the $50 starting cash, as either way you are buying in for $2 - it's just with BSS that's into a $2 game and with SSS that's into a $10 game.

So, worth trying - or stick with BSS?
  • 1 reply
    • MeanGreen
      MeanGreen
      Bronze
      SSS leaves you with less difficult decisions, but your winrate will be lower than with BSS if you are equally skilled at both strategies. With BSS you can fully exploit the edge you have at your limit, but with SSS you will be limited.

SSS on the other hand allows you to play on limits you might not be able to play on with BSS, because you lack the BSS skill or bankroll. 0.5bb/100 with SSS on 400NL is the same as 4bb/100 with BSS on NL50.