[NL2-NL10] NL10 AQ running into trouble

• Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1062820
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $10.00
      BTN: $10.95 18/16/7.7 on 201h sample. (3bet: 7.1%)
      SB: $10.46
      BB: $6.02
      Hero (UTG): $10.30
      MP: $13.63

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with A :heart: Q :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BTN raises to $1.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.55) T :spade: 4 :club: Q :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.90, Hero raises to $4.50, BTN calls $2.60

Turn: ($11.55) 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.60, BTN calls $4.60

River: ($20.75) 5 :diamond: (2 players)

If i want to check-raise the flop then i suppose it's a shove, right? We're commited on the turn anyways, right? Of course any feedback about the hand would be appreciated. :)
  • 4 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

Against that guy I'd still fold AQo. Although he's not 3bet nit, we don't have position, 3betting UTG raiser still is somehow strong move and he will very easily push us off our hand if we don't hit.

As played with calling pre flop seems tricky for me. If we raise - we push his air off he may 2nd barrel turn with, but board is drawy, so he could still have some kind of draw himself and there still may be KQ type of hands, so I think it's fine.

As played with raising flop we have to shove turn because we are still ahead of random draws and stuff like that.

Good luck!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Pichux,

Preflop: Fold it here, he is often having a lot stronger hand in his 3bet range and against what we could easily be dominated.

As played
      Flop: Since he doesn't seem to be that loose preflop, so often I would just Check/Call and maybe let him bet again on turn with his smaller PPs, with Check/Raise we only get fold from weaker hands and likely Called by better ones, rare situation that he has there a lot worse.

As played
      Turn: As we made the big Check/Raise then we have to ship it here and try to avoid any draws or something similar. He had KK or AA?

Best regards.
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Yep, he was holding AA here. I was thinking about folding pre, but just went on relying on the stats too much here...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Pichux
      Yep, he was holding AA here. I was thinking about folding pre, but just went on relying on the stats too much here...
      Yep, playing with AQo OOP ain't the best, we just put ourself into trouble spots.