This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 99 semi-bluff

• Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $4.55
      Hero:
      $1.86

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9:spade: , 9:club:
      MP1 raises to $0.05, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.13) K:diamond: , K:club: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06.

Turn: ($0.25) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.2, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: $0.45

--- Was this an okay semi-bluff here on the turn? I'd expect a bigger bet on the flop here and a bet on the turn from kings, another pocket pair was possible but I'd think they'd be more likely to limp in with MP pre-flop if that was the case. So I'd put them on some kind of A-high overcards, AQ, AJ, A10 maybe.
  • 1 reply
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi Royaltramp!

Flatting with 99 IP is ok especially if MP1 is tight.

KK4 mostlikely missed MP1, he would be probably open to bet 2 streets with TT-QQ. Therefore he is mostlikely giving up on his small PP and A high hands.

Betting here is fine and let him fold his 3/6 outer that might hit on river.

Funktor

P.S.: In this case you had made hand... semibluf is usually used in situation when you do not have made hand or very weak hand.

Examples of semibluf would be betting/raising JT on 892 board, or A:c3 on 3 8 Q when checked to you. The hand is self may not beat villain, but has enough outs to improve.