Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:spade: A:heart:

Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, fold, fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95, 3 players) K:heart: 5:heart: 4:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.71, CO raises to $2.31, fold, Hero calls $1.60

Turn: ($5.57, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($5.57, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets $7.39

I think its an easy fold on river, but what about flop?
  • 9 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Indahaus,

With just those stats we can't say how he does play postflop. For example what's his AF? How often does he raise CBets? Does he also raise CBets in multiway pots? How does he play his draws? More often I would likely just Bet/Fold here since we are someway against an unknown, also his raise doesn't seem be to that small either. We will have hard time on turn when we face again a bet.

Best regards.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      very interesting hands.As Veriz said too little information.I play often like you this hand but I think this is not very good play.Earlier often was opinion that on two tone board opps often have FD and you have some equity,so go broke. Now we play on fd boards more cautiously.His range when he raise us consists of sets,fd mainly ,can add overpair rarely,tp,2p,bluffs.If we think that we mostly against sets and fd,then sets have about 43% of his range(we also can exclude KK).So remains quite big chunk of fd.I tried to calculate for myself EV if we push and he calls and get EV+ move.And we should add those times when we have FE.I'm not suggesting that we should push every time OOP with TPTK on two tone board but sometimes against right opp we should do that.Call OOP is always hard and you can get a lot of bluffs,no feeling where you at in hand and etc.
      What do you think Rensu?
      Thanks.
      :f_confused:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dallievas
      Hi,
      very interesting hands.As Veriz said too little information.I play often like you this hand but I think this is not very good play.Earlier often was opinion that on two tone board opps often have FD and you have some equity,so go broke. Now we play on fd boards more cautiously.His range when he raise us consists of sets,fd mainly ,can add overpair rarely,tp,2p,bluffs.If we think that we mostly against sets and fd,then sets have about 43% of his range(we also can exclude KK).So remains quite big chunk of fd.I tried to calculate for myself EV if we push and he calls and get EV+ move.And we should add those times when we have FE.I'm not suggesting that we should push every time OOP with TPTK on two tone board but sometimes against right opp we should do that.Call OOP is always hard and you can get a lot of bluffs,no feeling where you at in hand and etc.
      What do you think Rensu?
      Thanks.
      Yep, that's why I don't like Bet/Calling there, since we will be also OOP and it will be hard to continue for us. And most likely if we Call the turn, then we have to Call also the river. Or either just give it up earlier, what would be better option vs unknown.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Ok,thanks
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dallievas
      Ok,thanks
      You are welcome! :)
    • Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      My plan was call the flop, since he can have alot of draws here, and then hope that i will get cheap showdown, bad plan as i think of it now. The main question is should i push. I looked closely at his stats now. I had played 63 hands with him, his Af is 5.3 and it was the only time he raised flop cbet. I think he plays his draws very aggressively, although i have only this example:
      iPoker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $5.00
      Hero (CO): $17.41
      BTN: $11.25
      SB: $15.13
      BB: $12.19

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has T:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) J:spade: A:spade: 6:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.75, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

River: ($4.15, 2 players) 3:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00

Hero shows T:diamond: A:diamond: (One Pair, Aces)
      BTN shows T:club: 9:diamond: (High Card, Ace)
      Hero wins $9.48
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Indahaus,

Please don't post more than 1 hand int one thread, just open new one.

Raising doesn't make sense since he will just fold his bluffing as you had such reads that he is able to 3barrel even with air then sure, the Call is alright. But often I would even consider folding on river against passive opponents.

Best regards.
    • Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      Ya i was talking about the first hand and this was just an example about how he plays
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Indahaus
      Ya i was talking about the first hand and this was just an example about how he plays
      Yep makes sense then Bet/Calling on flop, but likely have to give it up on river, he ain't shoving there with worse.