From $12 -> $24 on FTP

• elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      I'm just trying to move up to the 24s now.

Just wanted to ask if anyone who had done the same recently can share some thought on the 24s compared to the 12s?

I've been told that the 12s are a tight limit, how much different are the 24s? Do players here call shoves much wider than the 12s?

Did you have to adjust your pushing/calling ranges much in the late stages?
  • 23 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      imho, there is a huge difference in limits.

the regs have more of a clue regarding nash. so i would figure out who the good regs are and adjust. there are a hell of a lot of RB grinders on the 24s. still try avoid them if you can, but you can find a lot of ways to exploit them. they usually wont be calling nash, and will push too wide.

call regs a lot wider, get used to calling nash bvb against regs. steal and resteal in good spots and watch out for spewy fish (thats the same for every limit though).

good luck!
      Bronze
      What about traffic? Do the $33s and $24s fill up as fast or does it take a year to start 12 tables?
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      they fill up fast. but if you are a good little grinder and you table select, it might take you a bit longer to get some juicy games loaded. if you play in sets it is going to be especially hard to get 1 full set loaded because of the sheer volume of non-selecting regs that just auto-join everything.

i suggest trying to play continuous if you are having trouble loading soft enough games.

if you dont care about table selection then u can load up 8 tables in around 5 minutes (non-peak) i know this because i did it yesterday for a video
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 8979687
      What about traffic? Do the $33s and $24s fill up as fast or does it take a year to start 12 tables?
      the 24s have about as much traffic as the 12s from what i could see today.

But i usually play at around 8-12 ET which is just after peak hours.
      Bronze
      I find the same on the $11s, sometimes my first tables are at 50/100 before my entire set is up though it is rare
      but I have ALOT of people marked now as b/e and money makers and even fish and I would still rather wait
      then join these games with 5 b/e and 2-3 solid players.

Sometimes you are firing up a set when it is cleare (only 1 game loading) and BANG 3 or 4 people start
      firing up 12 tables and it is tempting to join just out of frustration but I find if I wait it out I can join
      the ones that have 3 or 4 green players in them and things balance out.

Thanks for the advice. Looks like it is the same shit with a different smell one limit higher.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice. Looks like it is the same shit with a different smell one limit higher.
      it does get slightly better as you move up... but there are always regfish who will do it.

dont tap the glass imo, let them fill up each other's games ill take all the fish for myself ty
      Bronze
      Good point.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      since we're on the topic of regs, i read two excellent articles yesterday about how they are so bad for your winnings.

you've probably read something similar elsewhere, or read these two already but here they are anyway:

http://jhub3000.livejournal.com/84368.html
      http://jhub3000.livejournal.com/#asset-jhub3000-87736
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      Hey. How are things going? Big diferences?

I'll probably take my first shots at the $24s today...
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      So, moved up... Running < EV, as (almost) always, but OK.
      Still 15BI away from my stop loss.

The only thing is I can't keep the volume. The games are insanely reg infested the time I play (from 15:00 to 20:00 ET). I used to 9 table and now it's hard to run 7 tables at the same time (I keep adding games untill t200 at the first table, so I can take a short break when the "set" ends).

How do you guys feel about that?

I don't like the idea of mixing with $12s cause I rather use the free time (less tables) to pay more atention and maybe learn faster...
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      the games seem to have regged up in the last week or two. I also have problem getting games going on the 24s, ended up multitabling the 12s most of the time.
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      Originally posted by santostr
      The only thing is I can't keep the volume. The games are insanely reg infested the time I play (from 15:00 to 20:00 ET). I used to 9 table and now it's hard to run 7 tables at the same time (I keep adding games untill t200 at the first table, so I can take a short break when the "set" ends).

How do you guys feel about that?
      Same happens here on Stars, can't really play any games with less than 3-4 regs (not all are decent but still sucks since I'm not that awesome myself :P )
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      Maybe holyday grinders then...

I'll only play 3 more days anyway (Ironman) this year, so hope next year is better :f_biggrin:
      Bronze
      There are probably people pushing to clear stellars and SN or SNE on Stars and people pushing for Iron Man
      for the year end bonus on Tilt right now so that could explain the amount of regs.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      There are probably people pushing to clear stellars and SN or SNE on Stars and people pushing for Iron Man
      for the year end bonus on Tilt right now so that could explain the amount of regs.
      this.

how you table select is a personal thing. experiment with playing with more regs but adding tables to see if the extra RB is better than the extra roi. SnGs is about $/hr so if you can maximise your $/hr playing max tables in reg infested games running at a 2% roi then who cares. personally I have my highest $/hr 9-12 tabling while table selecting around 3 regs in the games + me.
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      Since I just moved up and am not 100% confident I have + ROI tableselecting, I'll take it slow...
      But I'll try that when I have a higher buffer to lose at the limit... Maybe after some coaching in 2011 :f_biggrin:
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      ATM I'm just reading this thread because there are 5 regulars registered for the next 11 $24 sng's...
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      ATM I'm just reading this thread because there are 5 regulars registered for the next 11 $24 sng's...
      Ohhh fishy sundays!
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      Hey guys. Are you still playing the $24s?
      How are the games?

I just took a big brake and I think I'll get back tomorrow...