[NL2-NL10] AKo against unkown RUSH NL25 MSS

• thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 ($46.78)
      CO ($3.29)
      Button ($37.95)
      SB ($25.10)
      BB ($9.75)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($14.97)
      Hero (MP1) ($10.78)
      MP2 ($29.76)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, K
      1 fold, UTG+1 bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.60, 6 folds, UTG+1 calls $1.85

Flop: ($5.55) 5, 9, 7 (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $3.50, UTG+1 raises to $10.75, Hero folds

Total pot: $12.55 | Rake: $0.62

I was a bit puzzled there. i think the play wasnt too bad for BSS but for my stack, I invested over 50% of the stack there so there might be a better option. I dont really like his flat call of the 3 bet, but not knowing the opponent it could mean anything. Some play monsters that way, some play PPs (even if they don't have the odds in this case) and some play AK, AQ and in some case AJ, even AT and then there are maniac that will call any 2 suited card. I said the villain was unknown because I had only 15 hands and no reads but vpip/pfr of 7/0. So that should eliminate the last case scenario. and could put him in either AT+ and he has missed the board, PPs and could have hit his set or have an over pair, or a monster KK+. He checks the flop and I am in position. i thought that in this spot i have to cbet/fold as even with 2 other card I could be drawing dead to a set or be way behind AA and KK. the other option was to check and reevaluate turn but I don't really like that. So Is my cbet/fold line ok. Is check there often better? what about cbet/ call?
  • 2 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey thazar,

Originally posted by thazar
      ...the other option was to check and reevaluate turn but I don't really like that.
      Why don't you like that?

Imo this is a perfect spot to cb. That way you avoid being check/raised and you get a free card which is good because you have 2 overcards which will probably give you the best hand in case you hit. Furthermore if you cb you keep villain's AJ+(AT,KQ) in his range which you dominate with AK.

As played, bet/fold is better than bet/call without reads.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      thanks it makes sense