[NL2-NL10] 88 as over pair on low 2 colour board NL25 RUSH MSS

• thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) ($10.45)
      UTG+1 ($37.51)
      MP1 ($25.25)
      MP2 ($10)
      MP3 ($64.94)
      CO ($45.86)
      Button ($33.68)
      SB ($26.33)
      BB ($25.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8, 8
      Hero bets $1, 5 folds, Button calls $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.10) 3, 4, 6 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3, 2 folds

Total pot: $3.10 | Rake: $0.15

BU is reg (17/7/600+) (vpip/pfr/hands) and UTG+1 is nit reg (13/11/2K+)

with the utg raise and the pot size bet, I try to represent a strong PP, in process I am not giving the right odds to draws of which i am ahead of, same with 2 over cards. BU could have all sort of hands of which I am ahead of so I am betting for value. with UTG+1 is is more of an issue, as the call with 1 raiser and a caller could well be for a speculative hands including PPs.

So first is the cbet right for the reasons listed above? is the size of the bet ok?

As for how I would have played it, if called/ raised. I guess I would have called or pushed to a raise because I am quite involved in the pot already and so many pepole will push me there with a draw so I could be getting some value. If called I reevaluate on turn generally give up if draw complete or push otherwise.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by thazar
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, [b]$0.25 BB (9 handed) [/b]-
      with the utg raise and the pot size bet, I try to represent a strong PP,[/quote]Don't rep on 25NL even terribad regs can't handread vs you

Mostly I bet/jam here against players who raise more than 2pair+ so it depends more on their aggression stats
      a check/jam would be viable if they bet a lot when you check to them

- Gerv