This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 88 as over pair on low 2 colour board NL25 RUSH MSS

• thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) ($10.45)
      UTG+1 ($37.51)
      MP1 ($25.25)
      MP2 ($10)
      MP3 ($64.94)
      CO ($45.86)
      Button ($33.68)
      SB ($26.33)
      BB ($25.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8, 8
      Hero bets $1, 5 folds, Button calls $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.10) 3, 4, 6 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3, 2 folds

Total pot: $3.10 | Rake: $0.15

BU is reg (17/7/600+) (vpip/pfr/hands) and UTG+1 is nit reg (13/11/2K+)

with the utg raise and the pot size bet, I try to represent a strong PP, in process I am not giving the right odds to draws of which i am ahead of, same with 2 over cards. BU could have all sort of hands of which I am ahead of so I am betting for value. with UTG+1 is is more of an issue, as the call with 1 raiser and a caller could well be for a speculative hands including PPs.

So first is the cbet right for the reasons listed above? is the size of the bet ok?

As for how I would have played it, if called/ raised. I guess I would have called or pushed to a raise because I am quite involved in the pot already and so many pepole will push me there with a draw so I could be getting some value. If called I reevaluate on turn generally give up if draw complete or push otherwise.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by thazar
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, [b]$0.25 BB (9 handed) [/b]-
      with the utg raise and the pot size bet, I try to represent a strong PP,[/quote]Don't rep on 25NL even terribad regs can't handread vs you

Mostly I bet/jam here against players who raise more than 2pair+ so it depends more on their aggression stats
      a check/jam would be viable if they bet a lot when you check to them

- Gerv