$2.95
      MP2:
      $5.02
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $3.66

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with J, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.20, 2 folds, BU calls $0.20, SB calls $0.18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.85) 7, 9, 3 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, MP2 folds, BU folds, SB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.65) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.56, SB raises to $1.12, Hero calls $0.56.

River: ($3.89) T (2 players)
      SB bets $1.95, Hero calls $1.95.

I had no stats on him and tried to play him for value, assuming he would of been more aggressive towards me if he has Ax (s) (which it turned out he didn't)

Should of not let the pot swell like crazy and backed of on the turn or did I play it right?
  • 4 replies
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      get it in on turn imo
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello McHallow,

Preflop: Way too loose raise with QJs, I'd likely just fold such hands from UTG, you will need a lot of postflop experience to play such hands profitable being mostly OOP.

As played
      Flop: Bet near pot, maybe even pot, try to put maximum protection from any kind of higher FD or maybe even against a set which is trying to get his FH.
      Turn: Bet/Call is totally fine, since he could still have hands like overpair with FD or even maybe just 3x what was really bad played on flop. Also could have a worse flush, but I wouldn't really get it in here since we only will get Called by a better hand, unless we know the opponent better.
      River: Calling is totally fine, we still beat a lot of his betting range here to make the Call profitable in long run.

Best regards.
    • McHallow
      McHallow
      Bronze
      Thanks alot, he did in fact in the end have 3 9, making his full house on the turn, I'll remember this and be more aggressive to protect my made hands on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by McHallow
      Thanks alot, he did in fact in the end have 3 9, making his full house on the turn, I'll remember this and be more aggressive to protect my made hands on the flop.
      You are welcome! Yeah, that happens. :(