PokerStars.com EPT Prague Live Ticker

• vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Team PokerStrategy.com is going to Prague to take part in the upcoming PokerStars.com European Poker Tour. The Main Event features a buy-in of €5,000 + €300 and it will run between the 13th and 18th of December at the Prague Hilton Hotel.

Our team will be represented by three players:
      • Allanon
      • Simon1989
      • Nazgul

Our reporter Fizoloff will provide you with updates from the event itself in our live ticker thread. You can join us in this thread to cheer for Team PokerStrategy.com and PokerStrategists that might be playing there. Good luck guys!
  • 238 replies
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      Welcome form the Hilton Hotel in Prague where the very next stop of the PokerStars.com European Poker Tour is ready to start. Frankly speaking the tournament area is empty and the hall as well and it doesn't look like the biggest event in Eastern European is to start within the next two hours.

My name is Pawel and I'm an editor from the Polish community. For the next 6 days I will be making the live coverage from PokerStars.com EPT Prague.

Last year saw 586 players and everyone paid €5000 + €300 buy-in to fight for the EPT trophy and big cash. Generated prize pool was €2,842,100 and Czech player Jan Skampa took down the field and cashed massive €682,000.

This year Prague will be hosting EPT tournament for the fourth time and everyone expects another great event from PokerStars.com.

Lets take a look at this tournament's details: First day is divided in two sessions A and B. Every session will see 10 levels of blinds 60 minutes each. From the second day and the 11th level of blinds time of each level will increase to 75 minutes. Late registration is still open, so we will know the prize pool tomorrow after late registration will be closed.
    • ktosik
      ktosik
      Bronze
      GoGoGo Simon !!!
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      Today we will see few Team PokerStars.com Pro members: Marcin Horecki (Poland), Arnaud Mattern (France), Martin Hruby (Czech Republic) and Salvatore Bonavena (Italy). Besides there will be one Team PokerStars SportStar Fatima Moreira De Melo .

Other notables: Anthony Lellouche, Ludovic Lacay, Jeff Sarwer, Kevin McPhee and more.

Hall beside of the tournament area
    • Thorek
      Thorek
      Bronze
      Is simon going to play today?
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      Traditionally we have a problem with an internet access. Tournament director said the words we all was waiting for - “Shuffle up and deal” and now we have 1st level of blinds 50 / 100 no ante. Right now we have more than 120 players on the field but late registration is running, so there will be more. Two Team PokerStrategy.com members are sitting at their tables – Nazgul and Thorsten. Nazgul is sitting beside Jeff Sarwer and both players are talking a lot with each other. Besides of them there is Dominik “AceOnTheRiver” Nietshe as well.

Blind level: 1
      Blinds: 50 / 100

Nazgul & Jeff Sarwer
    • xmila1
      xmila1
      Bronze
      not sure about Simon, cause he has left Kraków just about 2 hours ago so he is probably on his way to Prague
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      Simon will play tomorrow. Today we have two PS Team Members: Thorsten and Nazgul ;)

I developed some pictures already. You can see them on our flickr profile. Enjoy:

EPT Prague - Day 1 A
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

If it wouldnt bother u too much, could u pls get me some info abt when are cash games running and what limits?

would be really nice of you:P

Thanks in advance!
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      Thorsten has won some chips. He raised 8-6 suited preflop and got one call. On flop he had a flush draw and gutshot straight draw. Thorsten put a continuation bet and opponent called. On the turn Team member hit a pair with 6x and then we saw check / check. River brought another good card for Thorsten – he caught a straight and after opponent led he raised. Villian called and mucked his card after Thorsten showed his straight. After this hand Thorsten is up to 32 000.

Nazgul is unlucky and he's sitting at tough table. Polish Team PokerStars.com member Marcin Horecki has just sat at this table and now Nazgul is clinched between him and Jeff Sarwer. But nothing's happened for now and he has about initial stack (30 000)

Dominik “AceOnTheRiver” Nitshe is sitting with initial stack as well.
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GooRukYONG
      Hi guys!

If it wouldnt bother u too much, could u pls get me some info abt when are cash games running and what limits?

would be really nice of you:P

Thanks in advance!
      Hi, right now there are no cash games. Satellite to Main Event is still running but if something will start I will let you know ;)

Cheers
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      Blinds up!

Now we have the 2nd level of blinds 75 / 150 no ante. Nothing changes with our members. Nazgul is enjoying the company of Jeff Sarwer and both players are talking all the time and joking much. Team member opened few times and he is pretty active but there was no big action at that table. Thorsten said to me, that he has an average table, players are solid but not really good.
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      Nazgul lost against straight flush and then got back with two pairs.

Nazgul has the initial stack right now but there were two very nice hands. In the first our player raised with pocket Jx J and got 2 calls. On flop we saw 2 5 6. I don't know the action but opponent held 4 3 with straight flush and then Nazgul dropped to 23 000.

After that we saw UTG+1 player raised to 375. Action folded around to small blind and after he called, Nazgul put the difference from the big blind. Flop was 8 7 3 and all players checked. When 9h hit the turn, small blind led for 650. Tim called and initial aggressor folded. The river was 4 and small blind bet again – 850 this time. Nazgul tanked for a moment but finally only called. Small blind showed 7 3 with two pairs but Nazgul had 8 7 with better two pairs and scooped the pot. Right now he has around initial stack.

Thorsten is on the folding mode.

Nazgul
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      Nazgul lost big pot

Boys and girls, Nazgul has just lost a big pot. He clashed with Jeff Sarwer. Tim opened and Jeff put a three bet. Players folded all around and action was back on Nazgul and he called. On flop we saw T 9 7 (another straight flush??? :facepalm: ) and after Tim checked, Jeff made 3600 to go. Our player called and we saw J on the turn. Another check from Nazgul and another bet from Jeff who put 7500 behind the line. Nazgul called again and then we saw Q on the river. Team PokerStrategy.com member checked again and Jeff set the price for showing cards – 12 500 leaving himself only 6500. Nazgul went into the tank and after some time folded pocket 9-9 with a set face up. After this hand he has 17 000 left.
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      2nd level of blinds come to the end and players are now on 15 minutes break. The game will resume soon. Nazgul is down to 16 000 but he looks happy. The atmosphere at his table is really, rally great. Players are talking all the time and everyone looks friendly. Thorsten has involved with few small pots and he has something more than initial stack. I talk to AceOnTheRiver as well. He sad: “I play every pot! And after I see the flop there is nothing to stop me. I've everything.” There is nothing more to say.

Chipcount:

Nazgul: 16 000
      Thorsten: 32 000
      Dominik “AceOnTheRiver” Nitshe: 41 000
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      3rd level of blinds has just started.

Blind level: 3
      Blinds: 100 / 200 no ante
      Initial stack: 30 000
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      Nazgul won a nice pot

Team PokerStrategy.com member raised from under the gun to 550 and action folded around to one of the best French players Guillamme Dalcourt sitting on the big blind. He called and we saw Q J 3 on flop. Nazgul made a continuation bet for 550 and Dalcourt called. When Q hit the turn both players checked and the dealer showed us 4 on the last street. French checked and Nazgul took his time to think about bet amount. After 30 sekonds he made huge 1600 to go. Dalcount came closer to the deck and after few second raised to 4600. Nazgul didn't look sad about it. He was looking like he plays some game with friends. After 15 seconds announced all-in. Dalcourt mucked his cards pretty fast and Nazgul scooped the pot.
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      Nazguls hand update / Thorsten lost third of his stack

I talk to Nazgul few minutes ago and he said that he pushed on the river with pure air. He had a read on Dalcourt because that was pretty similar hand played in the same way and then Nazgul called Dalcourt down. Now Team member had air, so all-in was very nice to get French out of the pot.

Besides, Thorsten lost over 10 000. I catch the action on the turn when board saw 4 Q 6 2. Thorsten bet 1800 from MP2 and player from MP3 called. When 3 hit the river, Thorsten bet huge 6500. After some tanking villian raised to 16 400. Thorsten went into the deep tank. He was thinking for few minutes and finally folded.

Thorsten
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      Blinds up!

4th level of blinds has just kicked off. Two Team PokerStrategy.com members are still in but they both have less than initial 30 000. Dominik is running very well. He has quite easy table and now is sitting with 50 000.

We have got information about the field. At least 180 players started today and among them there are two former EPT Prague Champions: Arnaud Matter who is the very first champion (4th season) and Jan Skampa (6th season champion).

Tomorrow we will see third of the Prague champions Salvatore Bonavena.

Blind level: 4
      Blinds: 150 / 300 no ante
      Initial Stack: 30 000

Thorsten: about 20 000
      Nazgul: about 20 000
      AceOnTheRiver: about 50 000

Arnaud Mattern
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      Nazgul is still loosing

I don't have good news for you today. Nazgul is still loosing. After lost two medium pot he is down to 8000.

First ue called preflop raise from the big blind with 7-6 to see T-7-T on the flop. He checked and then called a bet from the opponent. Turn was an 7x and Nazgul was keeping check / calling mode. When Kx hit the river we saw the same line – check / call to see K-T holding by the opponent.

Short after that, Nazgul clashed again with Dalcourt. Frenchman open raised preflop to 750 and Team member 3-bet him to 2000 with an A-K. When we saw J-T-X on the flop, Dalcourt led for 5000 and Nazgul had to fold.