[NL2-NL10] NL2 Q6o

• Royaltramp
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , 6:diamond:
      5 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.04) A:heart: , 6:heart: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.12) T:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.08, SB calls $0.08.

River: ($0.28) 9:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.2, SB raises to $0.98, Hero calls $0.78.

Final Pot: $2.24

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows a flush, ace high (Kh 4h)
      Hero shows (Qh 6d)

SB wins with a flush, ace high (Kh 4h)

--- Having another horrible day, down to $35 now, and decided to post some of the worse hands up. Here I hit a set on the flop but villain got a flush on the turn. I'm wondering if I should have made a bigger bet on the flop since there was a possible flush draw, and check-called turn, then check-called (or folded to a large raise) on the river. Thoughts?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Royaltramp,

Add to full stack.

Flop: First of all I would likely just raise it up against his draws and maybe Ax type of hands, we have to start building up the pot. Also it's not Called set, it's trips. Set = if you Call with some PP and hit your 3rd card.
      River: Bet/Fold more likely, since I don't expect to be that often ahead there, more often at base case we get a split.

If you are losing that kind of amount then you might do something wrong. You likely don't play your A-game and also tilt a lot while you have lost that much. I would advice you to set a stop-loss for per session and also for day. For example for session -2BIs and for day maybe -4BIs. Depending how good you understand your tilt factor and also how easily you can get tilted. You could even set smaller stop-loss or bigger.

Best regards.