[NL2-NL10] Flush Draw UTG - NL10

• mountainbeach
      mountainbeach
      Bronze
      I raise under the gun with Ad10d. The button calls. Flop comes KK3 with 2 diamonds giving me the flush draw. I bet 1/2 pot and get called. Turn 4c, I bet 1/2 pot again and get called. River is the 9s giving me no help, nor does it complete another flush or a straight draw. The guy is short stacked so I have to put him all in because of the pot odds. He calls and shows KQo.

Could I have played the hand better?
  • 7 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Dude, read the rules before posting.

Use a hand converter.

I wouldn't raise preflop with ATs. I'd just limp in if the table is passive, although I know a lot of players will disagree and say "Folp PF". :D

Impossible to say if you played it ok not knowing the stack sizes.
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      You have to be careful when you play out of position especially with drawing hands. If he doesn't mind a call on that flop after your initial raise you are clearly beaten and most of the time by a real hand. Cbet and check/fold if you don't get really good odds and since he is short you probably won't.
      Oh and if it's 6-max the raise is alright but muck at fullring.

How rude of me to not notice welcome to the board by the way.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pacer357
      Oh and if it's 6-max the raise is alright but muck at fullring.
      I said players were going to say "Fold PF". :D

And yeah, it could be right in a short-handed game. Sorry.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I would say the result of this hand is a very good example of why AT, even soooted!, is not good from UTG at FR. Fold dude, and then you won't feel like shite after hands like this. And welcome, of course. ;)
    • mountainbeach
      mountainbeach
      Bronze
      Thanks for your opinion guys.

It was Shorthanded 6max for clarification.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      I would say the result of this hand is a very good example of why AT, even soooted!, is not good from UTG at FR. Fold dude, and then you won't feel like shite after hands like this. And welcome, of course. ;)
      I told you, they hate me just because I have a different starting hand range, they hate because I'm different! This is a conspiracy! :(

I hate you guys too!! :D
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi mountainbeach!

Welcome! :) Concerning your hand: Fold it preflop because AT is difficult to play. If you raise and don't hit the flop, make a continuation bet. If you get called (especially on such a board) play check/fold (or call if you are getting the odds).

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81