[NL2-NL10] A5o steal against unknown NL25 RUSH MSS

• thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 ($32.80)
      Hero (CO) ($10)
      Button ($63.48)
      SB ($32.79)
      BB ($34.29)
      UTG ($6.84)
      UTG+1 ($25.60)
      MP1 ($33.93)
      MP2 ($27.08)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5, A
      5 folds, Hero bets $0.75, 2 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) A, 8, 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB calls $1

Turn: ($3.60) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB calls $3

River: ($9.60) 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.25 (All-In)

Total pot: $20.10 | Rake: $1

not knowing the opponent was hard to put him on a hand range on calling a steal, I know I was beating a lot of hands and with 2 pairs on the turn I was not going to call. I did not want him to fold any draws if possible while not giving him good odds. If I was beat by a set or A8 so be it. I might have folded to a push on the river with a 3rd diamond but I am not even sure.

on show down villain showed 82o but I am still happy of my play. Should I be? or should I have folded to 4 cards to a straight on the board?
  • 12 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

4 to a straight is more T987r rather than Ax345

Furthermore what would you if the Turncard was:
      2) T
      3) A
      4) 8
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      T :heart: : I would have played c/f. I mean that is the most obvious draw I put people on.

A :club: : I would have bet possibly $1, $1.5 to a check and called a bet.

8 :spade: : c/c or c/f depending on bet size. I mean I got top pair but my kicker is pretty low
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      T :heart: : I would have played c/f. I mean that is the most obvious draw I put people on.
      what you mean with obvious draw?

And you are in position so that changes things dramatically as I think you were viewing my question as if you are OOP
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Originally posted by thazar
      what you mean with obvious draw?

And you are in position so that changes things dramatically as I think you were viewing my question as if you are OOP
      :D did not read the cards properly thought there was 2 :heart: on the flop already.

T :heart: I bet, bet bet, push if necessary, i need to protect. with only a 40bb stack I rarely fold 2 pairs unless I have a read or there is an obvious stronger hand 9like 4 suited cards on the board).

That is also why i did not fold the river.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      A 8 3 - T

Protect against what? please state against what you valuebet/protect etc. because I see a lot of posters just throwing around Terms without any explanation which means I cant see if they understand it properly
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      A 8 3 - T

Protect against what? please state against what you valuebet/protect etc. because I see a lot of posters just throwing around Terms without any explanation which means I cant see if they understand it properly
      Sorry, i protect myself against a FD and gut shot like KJ KQ QJ that people at micro seem to love playing.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      So you think those hands will call a cbet on an Ace-hi board?
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      At nl 5 and 10rush i saw a lot of guys calling for their backdors or thinking to float . Maybe rush25 is same!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well first those backdoors are 3 combo's max which is about the same as someone having 22 on a A82r board (one 2 is out so there are 3 combo's left)

Second I don't think putting players in a particular corner like ''People always call this and that''

Thirdly I think people never consider c/c Ahi board with Khi/Qhi
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze

Second I don't think putting players in a particular corner like ''People always call this and that''

Thirdly I think people never consider c/c Ahi board with Khi/Qhi
      Arent 2 and 3 contradicting?

I do agree though :f_biggrin:

T
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      Just the possibility of calling the flop in order to float and then hitting their draw on the turn.

I seem to encounter a lot of float at NL25. And saying that I would not have put him on 82o, Proof is that people will call with anything :D .
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Sure but generally speaking you are value-towning yourself on the Turn a large portion of the time.

I would say it is ambitious to assume he peels a lot with just BDFD/Backdoor 2pair+ which is a measly 2% equity