This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A5o steal against unknown NL25 RUSH MSS

• thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 ($32.80)
      Hero (CO) ($10)
      Button ($63.48)
      SB ($32.79)
      BB ($34.29)
      UTG ($6.84)
      UTG+1 ($25.60)
      MP1 ($33.93)
      MP2 ($27.08)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5, A
      5 folds, Hero bets $0.75, 2 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) A, 8, 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB calls $1

Turn: ($3.60) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB calls $3

River: ($9.60) 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.25 (All-In)

Total pot: $20.10 | Rake: $1

not knowing the opponent was hard to put him on a hand range on calling a steal, I know I was beating a lot of hands and with 2 pairs on the turn I was not going to call. I did not want him to fold any draws if possible while not giving him good odds. If I was beat by a set or A8 so be it. I might have folded to a push on the river with a 3rd diamond but I am not even sure.

on show down villain showed 82o but I am still happy of my play. Should I be? or should I have folded to 4 cards to a straight on the board?
  • 12 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

4 to a straight is more T987r rather than Ax345

Furthermore what would you if the Turncard was:
      2) T
      3) A
      4) 8
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      T :heart: : I would have played c/f. I mean that is the most obvious draw I put people on.

A :club: : I would have bet possibly $1, $1.5 to a check and called a bet.

8 :spade: : c/c or c/f depending on bet size. I mean I got top pair but my kicker is pretty low
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      T :heart: : I would have played c/f. I mean that is the most obvious draw I put people on.
      what you mean with obvious draw?

And you are in position so that changes things dramatically as I think you were viewing my question as if you are OOP
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Originally posted by thazar
      what you mean with obvious draw?

And you are in position so that changes things dramatically as I think you were viewing my question as if you are OOP
      :D did not read the cards properly thought there was 2 :heart: on the flop already.

T :heart: I bet, bet bet, push if necessary, i need to protect. with only a 40bb stack I rarely fold 2 pairs unless I have a read or there is an obvious stronger hand 9like 4 suited cards on the board).

That is also why i did not fold the river.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      A 8 3 - T

Protect against what? please state against what you valuebet/protect etc. because I see a lot of posters just throwing around Terms without any explanation which means I cant see if they understand it properly
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      A 8 3 - T

Protect against what? please state against what you valuebet/protect etc. because I see a lot of posters just throwing around Terms without any explanation which means I cant see if they understand it properly
      Sorry, i protect myself against a FD and gut shot like KJ KQ QJ that people at micro seem to love playing.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      So you think those hands will call a cbet on an Ace-hi board?
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      At nl 5 and 10rush i saw a lot of guys calling for their backdors or thinking to float . Maybe rush25 is same!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well first those backdoors are 3 combo's max which is about the same as someone having 22 on a A82r board (one 2 is out so there are 3 combo's left)

Second I don't think putting players in a particular corner like ''People always call this and that''

Thirdly I think people never consider c/c Ahi board with Khi/Qhi
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze

Second I don't think putting players in a particular corner like ''People always call this and that''

Thirdly I think people never consider c/c Ahi board with Khi/Qhi
      Arent 2 and 3 contradicting?

I do agree though :f_biggrin:

T
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Just the possibility of calling the flop in order to float and then hitting their draw on the turn.

I seem to encounter a lot of float at NL25. And saying that I would not have put him on 82o, Proof is that people will call with anything :D .
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Sure but generally speaking you are value-towning yourself on the Turn a large portion of the time.

I would say it is ambitious to assume he peels a lot with just BDFD/Backdoor 2pair+ which is a measly 2% equity