[NL2-NL10] NL2 99 check raise set

• Royaltramp
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:diamond: , 9:club:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.11, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.23) 9:heart: , 5:heart: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.24, MP2 calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.71) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $1.06

--- Was my check raise okay here? I figured he'd continuation bet here since he called my raise pre-flop. What about the bet size on the turn? Too small? Just right?
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      Hi, I like to check raise my sets on the flop because it's less obvious than check raising them on the turn, so you did the right move there. I like to make my check raises pot sized, so $0.35 would be fine in this spot.

On the turn a bet of just half pot is fine seeing as we now have full house and can't be outdrawn by a flush.
    • veriz
      Hello Royaltramp,

Continuation bet means that he had the initiative preflop, by that I mean that he was the preflop aggressor and raised. He is just betting on flop.

But about the game, I'd just Bet/Bet/Bet for avoiding any kind of bad situations, try to protect from any kind of draws, he doesn't have that big stack that it will be hard to get his whole stack on river. But if he check flop behind then it might get harder to get it. As played turn bet sizing is fine, I would have done also the same and give him good odds for a Call.

Best regards.