Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.34
      BU:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:club: , J:club:
      4 folds, BU raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.05, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.14) K:diamond: , 7:spade: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.1, BU calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.34) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.2, BU calls $0.20.

River: ($0.74) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $0.74

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows (Ks 4s)
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kc Jc)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Kc Jc)

--- What do you think of my play here? I was confident I had the best hand until they called on the turn, so I decided to check/call or check/fold (depending on their bet size) the river.
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      I would check to the original raiser on that flop because he will almost always cbet it. I'd call his cbet seeing as the board is pretty dry and check to him on the turn.

As played, it's fine to continue betting on the ace. Once he calls two streets it's good to check the river; fold to most bets unless he's bluffy because he's not going to bet there with a weaker king or lower pair.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Royaltramp,

Preflop: Here it's Called CBet. But if the guy just fold to re-steal then you can even consider just 3betting here against him.

As played
      Flop: Since he may fold some of his hands what he would CBet I'd prefer just to Check/Call here.

As played
      Turn: Yes, likely it's better to bet here again since we get a free showdown very often and he wont bet with weaker hands on river.
      River: Check/Call against a small bet is a good idea but often I would even consider even Check/Fold unless the beat is really that small.

Best regards.