Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1.97
      BU:
      $4.95

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , T:club:
      7 folds, BU raises to $0.04, SB folds, Hero calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.09) A:spade: , K:heart: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, BU calls $0.06.

Turn: ($0.21) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($0.21) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, BU calls $0.15.

Final Pot: $0.51

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows (Kd 7s)
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ad Tc)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (Ad Tc)

--- Thoughts here? I had a feeling I was beat here by two pair or maybe even a set, but after he checked the turn I figured I'd fire out on the river, was very surprised by his hand.
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      I'd check to the original raiser on the flop. If you like to donk bet bluff alot you need to mix in donk bet value raises too, but on this board your hand is too marginal to donk bet in my opinion. If he was to reraise you on the flop you'd probably have to fold. You'd have a tough decision at least. Better to check call flop in my opinon.

As played he just called your donk bet which he could do with a weak ace or king as well as with two pair or a set. I'd bet the turn for value again, safe in the knowledge that if he raises here i've got an easy laydown.

As played, the river you have to bet to get some value from your top pair good kicker hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Royaltramp,

You could also consider betting the turn since there are a lot of draws with what he could Call us, also such a loose opponent might even Call with just Kx type of hands. Otherwise your line is also fine, nice hand!

Best regards.