ITM % 9man SNG

• DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Hi,

I was wondering what is a good ITM % for 1) good player 2) solid player ? or what ITM% you should definitely aim for (like minimum ITM % in general).. for a) turbo b) non-turbo.. of course it also depends on the limit.. so for me that would be currently $5,50 non-turbo..

Secondly, using HEM.. what is a good bubble % for a solid player.. of course the lower the better and it should be based on a very large example..

Anyway, 1st question is the most important one..
  • 9 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      I think around 40% ITM is what you need to about break-even, that's from my experience.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Neither the ITM% nor bubble% are important. You should not sacrifice any ROI to move either of these statistics, and different playing styles can produce quite different values.

I think if you are bubbling out less than 9% of the time, particularly without a lot of first place finishes, this probably indicates that you are not taking enough risks on the bubble. However, bubbling 17% of the time doesn't mean you must be taking too many risks on the bubble. It might, but perhaps you are getting to the bubble as a short stack rather than busting out sooner, and then you will naturally bubble out often with good play on the bubble.
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pzhon
      Neither the ITM% nor bubble% are important. You should not sacrifice any ROI to move either of these statistics, and different playing styles can produce quite different values.

It might, but perhaps you are getting to the bubble as a short stack rather than busting out sooner, and then you will naturally bubble out often with good play on the bubble.
      I hope this is the case :D .. (of course I'm posting those hands which I'm not sure of for evaluation)..

Yeah I was just wondering about the ITM % because I've seen on sharkscope/pokerprolabs that in the top tier (non-turbo $3,40's only :) ) I've seen one of these known regulars to have 46% ITM and was just wondering how he's doing that :P as my overall ITM% is in the range of 42%-43.50% (lazy to check it now).. and definitely want to achieve the same if possible :tongue: ..
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      One player I know dominates in early levels, often accumulating a big stack. However, he hates bubbling out. When he gets to the bubble with a big stack, he becomes extremely tight and waits for the bubble to end. The result is that he bubbles out only about 6% of the time. I don't remember his ITM percentage since I don't bother looking at that. I think he costs himself over 5% ROI by playing terribly on the bubble, maybe over 7%, but maybe he gets a high ITM%. It is possible that he would more than double his ROI if he concentrated on winning $ instead of not bubbling out.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      edited: erase comment<<<
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pzhon
      It is possible that he would more than double his ROI if he concentrated on winning $ instead of not bubbling out.
      that's the lesson to learn from this advice :P .. thx..
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      I think around 40% ITM is what you need to about break-even, that's from my experience.
      breakeven is about 32-33%, now I'm running at ~6% ROI with 38% ITM. Depends on finish distribution ofcourse, but I think 40% will always make a healthy ROI :)
    • malosanmaka
      malosanmaka
      Bronze
      11-11-11 (33% itm) is not break-even in a 9max. Cuz you would lose to the rake. You would need something very unlikely like 16-8-9 to be break-even with 10% rake.

e.g. 13-12-11 (36%), 12-13-12 (37%), 11-13-14 (38%) are ~breakeven.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Can't really argue with those numbers ^^
      My finish distribution is weighed towards the 1st and 3rd place, I think that makes a difference because the payout gap between 1st and 2nd is bigger then between 3rd and 2nd (if that makes sense)