[NL20-NL50] nl50 Rush - AA facing River shove by aggressive reg.

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20.50)
      BB ($53.40)
      UTG ($17.55)
      UTG+1 ($103)
      CO ($97.85)
      Hero ($85.70)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.75, fold, BB calls $1.25

FLOP ($3.75) 5:diamond: K:heart: 6:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.50, BB calls $3.50

TURN ($10.75) 5:diamond: K:heart: 6:heart: 2:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $7, BB calls $7

RIVER ($24.75) 5:diamond: K:heart: 6:heart: 2:club: 4:heart:

BB bets $41.15 (AI), Hero calls $41.15

villain is an aggressive regular: 23/18/3 wts 30 (agg freq river 35%), ch/R flop 10%. I pretty much instantly called on the River because I assume he is definitely capable of moves and also that he is likely to raise the flop with a flush draw at least some of the time. I also did not think it particularly likely he would call 2 streets with 33 or shove the river with a flush.

Also, quite some history with this villain. Earlier in the session he flat called 66 BU vs mp and then shoved 100bb over my sQz from blinds.

Given the above, decent call down?
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      what hand you think he is c/c twice and then shoving when flush draw hits- KT, 88?
      I would personally fold that hand, since it seems like I´m always against flush and don´t expect villain to take these lines made hands that he now decides to turn into bluff.
      Shove about 66: it is standard if you think player is squeesing light and then shoving over squeeze thinking you have fold equity or if get called then mostly flipping. Not the best strategy, since you don´t make there smt like 88+/AJ+ fold, but players would take that line more often than turning made hands into bluffs
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      If you (villain) had a flush here, would you jam the river for value? What do you hope to get called by?

If you had a set here, would you jam the river for value? B/c then you only get called by flushes...

So, basically, since I am stealing widely, I often dont have much of a hand here. Why would donk shoving a flush be most +EV?

thx
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      Do you really 2nd barrel this flop + turncard enough to have air here often? If you do, it might well be a leak, but w/e.

Problem is the other plausible draw (87) also got there, so either he's turning a pair into a bluff, or he has you beat.

It seems super-unlogical to bluff here with a pair (why call the turn if you feel the need to bluff on the river?), and it's not like your line appears very weak, so I think you can fold. If he had a bluff, good for him.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Ok, I see your point but my main issue is that I cant see what strong hands (in his range) will get the most ev by donk shoving the river 2x pot, because although I normally have something its not often strong enough to call such a big bet.

Anyway, he had KQo here. I think he decides on the river: most of the time I have the best hand here anyway, but sometimes villain has AK and I lose, so I turn my hand into a bluff to take it down.

I dont mind his play too much - but I do think its potentially hard to balance.
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      LOL you owned him pretty hard then.

:f_thumbsup:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Ok, I see your point but my main issue is that I cant see what strong hands (in his range) will get the most ev by donk shoving the river 2x pot, because although I normally have something its not often strong enough to call such a big bet.

Anyway, he had KQo here. I think he decides on the river: most of the time I have the best hand here anyway, but sometimes villain has AK and I lose, so I turn my hand into a bluff to take it down.

I dont mind his play too much - but I do think its potentially hard to balance.
      His shove is quite bad and really not logical, that´s why I would prefer folding, since I have there enough flushes in my range that I would double barrel and not really folding and if he now suddenly thinks my range is too strong that he can´t c/c river and overbet shoves to make me fold AK+ is quite silly, since why would he then c/c flop and turn. I guess players would shove you sometimes strange one pair hands, my experience has always been close to nuts